Another price hike Really? - Page 12 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum

Old 04-02-2016, 10:39 AM   #111
CF105
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Kevin Drayson
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: n+1

Total Props: 10
Re: Another price hike Really?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
If we were in the army we'd be complaining about the food.
CF105 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:40 PM   #112
Lazy Ace
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Dennis DWP

Total Props: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF105 View Post
If we were in the army we'd be complaining about the food.
Hey when I was in basic one of the guys claimed his mother was such a bad cook the food on the base was the best he had eaten in a long time and if the cook wasn't so ugly he'd marry him LOL

Dennis
Lazy Ace is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:12 AM   #113
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: James Parnell
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 31

Total Props: 14

I can't afford this hobby any more, I love it and keep coming back to read but honestly I've realised with all the inflation and a crappy income I am done. It was a lot of fun over the years and I've enjoyed it all. Thanks guys for taking the time to answer or just chat, cheers.

Jim
Jimmy P is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:09 PM   #114
Wheels_78
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Cory VS
Radio of choice:
Giving the 11x a try
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy P View Post
I can't afford this hobby any more, I love it and keep coming back to read but honestly I've realised with all the inflation and a crappy income I am done. It was a lot of fun over the years and I've enjoyed it all. Thanks guys for taking the time to answer or just chat, cheers.

Jim
James, not to pick on you but... is it that people can't afford the hobby, or that they can't afford to keep up with the Jones' at the field? If you're an established hobbyist, especially one who knows other established hobbyists to swap and trade with, and you're content with .40-.60 size fun I can't see how one can characterize this as an expensive hobby (relatively speaking of course, golf ain't free nor is anything else most of us like to do). On the other hand, if you have to have the newest, "best" most wiz-bang, 50cc+ equipment, then yes... it's a very expensive hobby.

Great hobbies and every other business out there are just trying to strike a balance between profitability and customer traffic, you can't blame them for selling things at the highest prices people are willing to pay... you would too if you were in their shoes.

Last edited by Wheels_78; 04-26-2016 at 07:14 PM. Reason: I think I came across as more critical than I meant to be
Wheels_78 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:23 PM   #115
Wheels_78
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Giving the 11x a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
Again, you ALWAYS get what you pay for. It's a life lesson; One of many. Some people don't mind a drop in quality but inevitably we all get sick of it in the end.
Sometimes the cheaper guys will sneak in a 'high end' product, almost to test the waters. Let other people beta test these new things out, just wait it out.
I think you need >3 decades under your belt before you really understand that Marcus... at least I did. @ almost 38 I'm finally starting to feel a lot less tempted by "cheap" products.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:48 PM   #116
4*60
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Dennis M
Radio of choice:
Taranis
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 12

Cheap doesn't always mean cheap. You learn that after 7 decades.
Just got a pair of tires for one of my vehicles. one retailer 400+ and recommended more. Same tires different retailer, excellent service $301.00
4*60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:29 PM   #117
Wheels_78
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Giving the 11x a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
Cheap doesn't always mean cheap. You learn that after 7 decades.
Just got a pair of tires for one of my vehicles. one retailer 400+ and recommended more. Same tires different retailer, excellent service $301.00
Fair enough, but I think we all know there's a difference between finding the best price on a reputable product and buying the "cheapest" product in a category. No one is advocating simply spending the most money possible, in fact, I own very few big ticket items I purchased new because I've learned that if I have to make a choice between "entry level" new and "top end" used I'm happier with the used item 9 times out of 10.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:14 AM   #118
SubyJad
RCC Noob

I am: Jad A
Radio of choice:
DX6i DSMX
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0

plain and simple...
Forex + capitalism = retail opportunity to gouge
no one is in business not to make money. The 10 year old product sitting on the shelf that was purchased at par with USA is suddenly impacted by FOREX because it is an opportunity to make more money!! you can also say, it is impacted to protect the company' future and current buying power; you need to restock.
to me: it always goes back to capitalist gouging!
the 10 year average is .92125 - the price fluctuations often only go one way, which is up, and not in any way reflective of the average.
and on the topic of GH - it is one the worst stores for the hobby!! all their employees knowledge combined adds up to walmart RC toy knowledge!
SubyJad is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:47 AM   #119
jabiggerstaff
RCC Contributor

I am: Alan
Radio of choice:
JR/Spektrum
# of RCs: 14

Canadians have been getting hosed on everything that we buy here. It's a wonderful country we live in, but boy does it cost us dearly to live here. Everything from magazines to cars, to appliances cost more. Been going on for years. It's not just the difference in the dollar either. It's taxes and shipping cost. Hell you'd think we were on another planet when you see the difference in shipping.

Alan
Guelph
jabiggerstaff is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:33 PM   #120
Boatcrazy
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Derick
Radio of choice:
Frsky Taranis/Tactic TTX850
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7

Yup we get hosed.

Last edited by Boatcrazy; 07-25-2016 at 06:36 PM.
Boatcrazy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.