Another price hike Really? - Page 7 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum

Old 01-15-2016, 04:37 PM   #61
Lazy Ace
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Dennis DWP

Total Props: 12
Re: Another price hike Really?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Did you bother to read the last sentence in post 58 ??????

Nothing wrong with quality product made off shore or anywhere for that mater. But if its quality its price point is going to be much closer to the other products that are similar. Manufacturers order from the same factories the difference being the price point they negotiate for that product. They will build you something cheap but most times you get what you pay for. Inferior metallurgy, quality control, repair part availability and warrantee.

Went through 3 offshore CNC machining companies before we found one that provides quality and support. Cost was about double of the cheapest. Shipping time was much faster, four days for a premium.

Hobby Klunk is quantity not quality, service after the fact is poor, warrantee support nonexistent and they're policy of you not wanting a refund until after 40 days exceeds the charge back window allowed by credit cards. Then you are at their mercy for your refund. They serve a niche but you have to understand the limitations and accept the risk.

As to Frsky comparing to any long time main brand is a crock they don't have a hair of infrastructure to support the radios like the others do. When those radios are still around 20 years from now with no gimbals/wiring, cases coming apart problems then you can tell me about their quality control and durability.

Dennis

Last edited by Lazy Ace; 01-15-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Lazy Ace is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:15 AM   #62
4*60
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Dennis M
Radio of choice:
Taranis
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 9

quote..you get what you pay for...that is so untrue. A complete myth. If I shop carefully I do not get ripped off.
Small town car dealer offer $6000 more than 80km away in a larger centre. Someone trying to tell me I would have received $6000 more car. Not at all.

Generalized unsupported statements. I have had actual HK warranty experience and the claims have been much easier than Horizon. My latest horizon gas motor had a used motor sent to me after much discussion and then when I returned it I finally got the proper replacement. HK has never sent me a used "courtesy" anything as a replacement.

Last edited by 4*60; 01-16-2016 at 12:28 AM.
4*60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:10 AM   #63
Lazy Ace
RCC Expert Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
quote..you get what you pay for...that is so untrue. A complete myth. If I shop carefully I do not get ripped off.
Small town car dealer offer $6000 more than 80km away in a larger centre. Someone trying to tell me I would have received $6000 more car. Not at all.
Its called due dillagence, doing your homework. If you were dumb enough to pay 6000 over the going price you deserved it. I recently travelled over 300 km to purchase a new F250 because the dealer who had it would not release it to my local dealer. I don't understand your big point everyone should shop around.

Itís not a myth that Hobby Klunk and the other suppliers just like them are considered throw away suppliers. What ever you order if you want success make sure you order enough to cover the ones that might not work out of the box. English translations of the instructions can be terrible and hard to find because most have none in the box. Again you get what you pay for and if youíre willing to settle for that bully for you. I always say set your standards low enough you will never be disappointed. LOL. As far as your claims about Horizon why would I accept your word as anything but unfounded as well. I have had good experiences with them the few times I had to contact tech support.

Every forum has many threads/posts about problems dealing with Hobby Klunk. Its like owning an Asian Lada LOL you get what you pay for (sometimes) LOL

PS I found the perfect use for Hobby Klunk lipos. I use them to power my electric starter.

Dennis

Last edited by Lazy Ace; 01-16-2016 at 07:33 AM.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:33 AM   #64
Lazy Ace
RCC Expert Contributor

Simple type in HobbyKing complaints in your search engine and read to your hearts content.

Dennis
Old 01-17-2016, 12:55 AM   #65
4*60
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
Taranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Ace View Post
Its called due dillagence, doing your homework. If you were dumb enough to pay 6000 over the going price you deserved it. I recently travelled over 300 km to purchase a new F250 because the dealer who had it would not release it to my local dealer. I don't understand your big point everyone should shop around.

LOL. As far as your claims about Horizon why would I accept your word as anything but unfounded as well. I have had good experiences with them the few times I had to contact tech support.

Dennis
Obviously can't have a discussion. I did not pay the 6000. I was not stupid. You have a real way with words and attitude. I can read your Hobby Klunk garbage but you can't believe that Horizon can fail to deliver on service, because it's from me.
Enjoy the forums.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:20 AM   #66
Lazy Ace
RCC Expert Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
Obviously can't have a discussion. I did not pay the 6000. I was not stupid. You have a real way with words and attitude. I can read your Hobby Klunk garbage but you can't believe that Horizon can fail to deliver on service, because it's from me.
Enjoy the forums.

Your right about the discussion part when you seem to be suffering from selective comprehension. You clearly stated in your post you saved the 6000 dollars I simply stated if you hadn’t shopped around for the better deal you deserved to pay the extra.

You pointed out that my opinion and experiences with Hobby Klunk were unfounded I pointed out that it was no different than your experience with Horizon Hobby only your version of the events were posted. Besides in your own words Horizon did make things right. Check on the net and see how many customers Hobby Klunk has left hanging.

I have yet to work for or deal with a company that does not make the occasional mistake. The telling is in how well the problem is resolved. You give the impression you are more than satisfied with Hobby Klunk. I don’t have a problem with that my experiences with Horizon have been satisfactory. In fact my experiences over all with Hobby Klunk have been ok because I realise what to expect both in product and service. If it doesn’t work it just goes in the bin with the other stuff that didn’t work, no biggy.

As to my unsubstantiated remarks about Hobby Klunk I simply invited you to search the net for HobbyKing Complaints and see for yourself.

You seem to get your knickers in a knot easily. Put your hands out in front of you, end of first finger touching end of thumb, now repeat over and over until you relax OOOOOOHHHHMMMMM OOOOOOOHHHHHMMMMM. Feel better now?

Dennis

Last edited by Lazy Ace; 01-17-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:13 PM   #67
marcus
RCC Contributor

I am: Marcus Keeler

Total Props: 0

Do your homework and if you have a problem with the price on a item get the store to price match a major suppler like Horizon or Great Planes. Speaking from personal experience, a reputable retail store will do that, but as I say, do your homework first. It's simply astonishing how many people check on Horizon hobbies, see a price and immediately get all bent out of shape at the store because they are too dense to realize the price they are looking at is USD. Also factor in that you can buy direct from these suppliers but then you're in for shipping costs and often brokerage up from the States whereas retail stores get free shipping if their combined order is over a certain amount meaning you don't get hit with a 'special order surcharge'.

Hobbyclunk continues to do business despite the drop in quality because on a lot of items it doesn't matter to them anyway. example, a 5000 3s lipo is a third of the price from Hobbyclunk than local store price, perhaps even less. It's accepted that the lifetime of that battery is, say, 75% of the retail batt, and perhaps the C rating is a little optimistic, but at a fraction of the price WHO CARES?

Anything 'brand name' from Chinese suppliers (eg, DJI, Immersion, Futaba etc) is rarely significantly cheaper, if at all, after currency calculation and in some cases more expensive.

If a local supplier is gouging, then walk away, it's not like you have to buy from that guy............
marcus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:10 AM   #68
Jay Cristiano
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jay C
Radio of choice:
KO Propo
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0

If you need to know the proper retail price from Canadian retailers all you have to do it go on towerhobbies, Horizon or Amain hobbies and multiply their price by the current exchange rate. I find that most shops are actually cheaper than the US dealers without even factoring in shipping and brokerage charges.
Jay Cristiano is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:49 AM   #69
4*60
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
Taranis

But Tower always has a discount set of codes so take that into account. 10-15% off.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:29 AM   #70
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
Turborix
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Ace View Post
Gas at $1.58 US gallon still works out to less than 60 cents Canadian as opposed to 94.7 a liter including exchange as of this morning. With an F250 and large tank I save $10 a fill up. I just bought a Minkota trolling motor battery box in the US Amazon.com. Amazon.ca wanted $90 plus taxes and shipping. Amazon.com $50 free shipping and I bet when I declare it at the border they let me through without paying taxes. Yes filling up the truck pays the tunnel fare both ways and I might stop at the hobby shop as well.
That is hilarious, a $15 RV battery box, screw terminals, a connector, and a $3 Voltmeter.

Edit: Brand name sticker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.