Another price hike Really? - Page 9 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum

Old 02-02-2016, 09:32 AM   #81
marcus
RCC Contributor

I am: Marcus Keeler

Total Props: 0
Re: Another price hike Really?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Again, you ALWAYS get what you pay for. It's a life lesson; One of many. Some people don't mind a drop in quality but inevitably we all get sick of it in the end.
Sometimes the cheaper guys will sneak in a 'high end' product, almost to test the waters. Let other people beta test these new things out, just wait it out.
marcus is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:28 PM   #82
Lazy Ace
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Dennis DWP

Total Props: 12

That's one thing about this hobby. There is such a wide range and selection for something like radios one should be able to find one that fits your needs and budget. As I said before personal preference should be the major factor that drives your selection.

The opposite end of the scale are those that only buy the best, latest and greatest or most expensive mostly for bragging rights. Listening to a JR rep at Toledo talking to a customer cautioning him about this very thing. What is the point of buying a radio with features/channels you will never use. The guy was asking about JR's latest offering and the rep actually said of all the people here he felt there were less than a dozen who could actually make use of all the features on the radio.

I have watched many at the field who had no idea how to use the programming features. Most times a buddy who had the same radio would have to make the changes for him.

Buy what suits you, your budget and needs. I know what works for me and I don't see myself changing any time soon.

Dennis
Lazy Ace is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:10 PM   #83
4*60
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Dennis M
Radio of choice:
Taranis
# of RCs: 14

It's just you I guess. My first intro to the hobby had me buy from a CDn shop an Airtronics with an incorrect crystal in the receiver. Being new took me a few hours to figure it out. I had a brand new Futaba without working rudder, had to send in. Had a Hitec had to send in. Considering the number of items I have had not bad but proved to me that no name is perfect. Sold an original Taranis to a guy and a trim switch quit on him. It was a few dollars for a switch and plug in replacement. Aloft said he could fix it but I could just as easily do it for the guy. He was right. So anyway my experience is that they can all fail and also you do get what you pay for if you do thorough homework. If you buy on reputation and price alone you are not getting what you pay for.
Now that post above......I have to agree completely with.
4*60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:17 PM   #84
Lazy Ace
RCC Expert Contributor

I’m afraid reputation is one of the main considerations when purchasing just about anything but especially so with my radio equipment. After all it’s the last link of communication with my expensive model. A lot of things can happen in flight but a radio or electronic failure is perhaps the most fatal of them all.

Cost is also a great consideration for most of us and I personally don’t think it prudent to go with the cheapest that you can find. I think you should buy the best you can afford what ever brand you choose. If your budget is limited consider giving up a few bells and whistles for equipment with a proven track record.

Dennis
Old 02-15-2016, 05:17 PM   #85
mio
RCC Apprentice

I am: Mio K
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 0

I'm fighting greediness by buying somewhere else.
mio is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:05 PM   #86
floyd
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Floyd S

Total Props: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatcrazy View Post
Ok I get the CDN dollar took another hit this week but come on GH. Seem you hike your price at every opportunity.
I was going down there today to pick up a Futaba 14SG $539 I think on clear out. Get ready to head out check the site just to make sure they still have one a WOW over $800 today.
Maybe you should have called them and explained what you seen happen on the website with the price. You never know, you may have bought that Radio for the price you first seen It at. Cheers Floyd
floyd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:41 PM   #87
4*60
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
Taranis

The local guy here I showed that price to, hit buy online and got the price. It was an error but they honoured it. Gotta say it again. Good for them. Recently bought a couple more items since some of their pricing remains competitive.
Key word is "some" not all.

Last edited by 4*60; 02-26-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:12 AM   #88
Lazy Ace
RCC Expert Contributor

If the exchange rate is 40% then something listed at 100 US is compedetive if listed for 140 CDN it just doesn't feel fair thats all.

Some debate if its old stock purchased when the exchange rate was much closer but the retailer will argue that any stock they have to replace will be at the present exchange rate. The customer does not want to wait for his item while you wait for the exchange rate to get better. They also make mention that they buy the item at today's rate of 40% then if the rates draw closer they are expected to drop their prices and eat the loss.

Between a rock and a hard place that is why some Canadian hobby suppliers list their stuff out in US funds and let the value of the Canadian dollar fall where it may.

Dennis
Old 02-26-2016, 01:41 PM   #89
4*60
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
Taranis

We need to rename our currency to loonie. Then we will not be comparing different "dollars"!
Old 02-27-2016, 09:39 PM   #90
my1stflight
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Jeff T
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9C
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 1

it is not fair and companies will keep doing it because they know people will pay the price. I do not shop there no more because of there pricing policies and shipping policies.
my1stflight is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.