Ergo 30 CCPM Semi-Scale Heli - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2004, 09:26 AM   #1
RCC Noob
I am: Bill M.

Total Props: 0
Ergo 30 CCPM Semi-Scale Heli

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

I'm interested in buying an Ergo 30 CCPM Semi-Scale Heli from Great Hobbies as a Beginner machine. Just wondering if this is a good choice? Heard thru the grapevine that parts may be a problem. Any comments would be appreciated. Cheers.

dash8man is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:00 AM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: JLA

Total Props: 3
Hi Bill,

The ergo is a good machine. What you need to keep in mind is that you will be using this machine to learn with...where the possibilities of crashing it are a little higher. That being said, you can get the Venture 30 CCPM for about 40 bucks cheaper, and if you crash, the plastic canopy will likely survive...whereas the semi-scale probably won't.

If parts are an issue, go with a TT Raptor. I love mine and finding parts has never been an issue.

Either the JR or the TT are good machines to learn on.

aubej is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:32 AM   #3
RCC Noob
I am: Bill M.

Thanks for your response Jason. Have to say that I'm drawn to the Ergo because of the scale body included. Probably not the reason to buy a heli. The Venture looks lke a good way to go. Will do some more research on it. Do you have any opinions on starting out with one of the new Electric Helis? ie. Lite Machines Corona? Any chance of a shorter learning curve on an Electric model?

dash8man is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:46 PM   #4
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Mike B
Radio of choice:
JR 9503

Ergo 30

Hi Bill......If you are a beginner, then I would go with a pod & boom heli as there may be less damage in the event of a mishap, and the rebuild will be faster. If you crash, you will need parts....sometimes a lot of them. As to which heli to go with, I would check in with some of the Local Hobby Shops in your area and see what particular manufacturers they deal with .
(ex..JR, Miniature Aircraft, Hirobo, Century, etc ).
When I started I flew the Hirobo brand. The reason being that my LHS sold the Hirobo line of helis and had complete stock of replacement parts.
As Jason mentioned, the Thunder Tiger Raptor is very popular. I have only read good reviews on this model and parts are very accessible.
Just my $.02
phattires is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:05 AM   #5
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Colin B
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 8
What you may not know or understand about the plastic ergo Hughes 269/300 semi-scale is that it is basically a pod and boom design by the scale nature. So really all you have is a scale canopy and a cover around the tail boom. Repair is easy compared to a glass fuse.

Align R/C, OS Engines, Futaba, Great Hobbies, Hatori, SGP, Morgan Fuels, Castle Creations
Colin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.