Glue Choice - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Construction Ideas, Hints and Tips For all the builders out there. Ask questions, make suggestions, trade tips.

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2004, 06:08 AM   #11
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Glad to hear you got the G23. I almost did buy it. (wife said to keep it simple since I work in a garage )
I did the sig 1/4 scale to scale. full wing span 105 inches. I already bought a cliped wing version. The weight to date is very very light compared to my cliped wing one. I had to re-inforce the bulk head with fiberglass and epoxi on the inside of the fuel tank and nose section. I did not like the way it all sits (butts) together. I built the wings exactly according to plans. The sheeting on the right wing panel is very long since the mid section is permanently attached to it. I used lots and lots of t pins and patience. I also used lots of little blocks cut to shape in and around the wing tips for strenght. No mater what you will end up having to use a good grade wood filler to fill some butt joint once dry. (finishing touch before covering) I used the hardware for the struts from the kit. and the wing joining. It makes sence. but keep in mind that the wing struts are FUNCTIONAL on that bird so use good glue where the wing strut mounts are inside the wing bottom. (epoxi everything) better than carpenter's glue or even c/a. NO mater what you choose. this plane has wing area to SPARE!!! . It's a floater. I love the look of a yellow cub. The cliped wing version will not give you that much more aerobatic properties.
Good luck and keep in touch...
MAAC Member
Arnprior RC Club Secretary
Giants, Heli's, Biplanes, Gremlin's
I'll fly anything at least ONCE!!!
B-25 Mitchell (101")
jessy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:06 AM   #12
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Graham S

Re: Sig Cubs

Very interesting method of clamping denmac, thanks for your input, I am going to have to try that. Have to find some brass pins first, I am sure all we have would be the steel ones, of course the brass is much softer so no problem bending. I am sure I can buy some. I expect your method will be used by others that read this thread. Thanks..

Jesse... Thanks for the update info.
Graham is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:57 AM   #13
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 1
Sounds similar to what I was alluding to with rubber bands and spare wood. Difficult to describe but obvious one seen.... Basically 2 pieces of wood (longer than part to be clamped) on either side of parts to be held together with rubber bands on either end.
MAAC# 12719
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:49 PM   #14
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Graham S

Re: Rubber Bands

You are right Jim... rubber bands.. I guess I will have to get some of those too... threw them all out when I started bolting my wings on.
Graham is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.