More 3-view Help - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aircraft Discuss Scale Aircraft.

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2004, 08:11 PM   #11
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have plans for an RV-6 on floats. But it's 40 sized. I got them from RCM Magazine plan services, but never got around to building it. You could always try making the plans bigger?
SavardStephane is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:22 PM   #12
I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 16
Originally Posted by SavardStephane
I have plans for an RV-6 on floats. But it's 40 sized. I got them from RCM Magazine plan services, but never got around to building it. You could always try making the plans bigger?
How much do you want for them? I have the constructiona article and was looking at ordering the plans from RCM.
Jim Daly
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:59 PM   #13
RCC Contributor
I am: Chris D

Alright.... Got some info from a gentleman from the US that has built an RV-6. Turns out he's a former R/C'er turned full-size builder. His website is absolutely awesome. If you want to learn how to build a homebuilt this is how to do it.

Anyway... Turns out those Plan Preview sets for $50 USD are the actual plans scaled down. The main reason to get those is they should show fuse formers, flap/aileron setups and all those cool little things. They would be perfect for our uses as they would be very easy to scan onto the computer to work with.

Jim has put me onto Ebay motors where there are a couple sets so I might see what I can do there but.... If anyone knows someone that I can "borrow" them from please let me know.

Thanks for the help so far everyone.

I think I have decided on either the RV-6 or RV-7 as I like the looks of the side-by-side versions better.
Chris Dallas MAAC#41367

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Cdallas2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:06 AM   #14
RCC Junior Contributor

Hey my Son - bumped into Jim Jewell last weekend - he has his RV6 almost finished, and he expects first test flight in July or August - he has about 2,800 hours into the project now. I'm going over to his place to check it out, and I'll ask him to lend me the plans for a few days so I could get copies made of the sheets you need. He shouldn't need them now - the plane is finished except for the panel wiring and paint job.

I'll let you know next week some time what he says.
BrianDallas is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.