It was the first time............ - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2004, 06:09 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Yves Sabourin

Total Props: 0
It was the first time............

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

I went to the club today and my trainer was there, he did all the last inspection on my plane and he told me it's the time to know if it's can fly, so.... He made it and my AeroStar 40 make is first fly, I was excite like a little boy.

But the surprise camee after that, he take is radio with a buddy cord and plug that in mine, after some check and ajust, he told me then I should fly by myself with is help, my body began to shake but after he get my plane in the air, he passed me the control over the buddy box, at this time I feel something very special, I fly a plane by myself, he was happy to see my control on the plane, he told me I was very smooth in my control, shure he took the control sommetime because I'm a newbie but I fly my plane for 9 minutes without big lost of control.... It's seven o'clock and i'm still excite, what a feeling.

I'm just told you about my flight because it's so funny, and one thing I learn, I'm please to se how much my RC sim helped me not for the 3D reference, but the feeling of the control to be smooth with that.

Ther's a picture of my plane on his first flight...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_2514_edited_5x7.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	2139  
"R-SABY 50"
Laval, Quebec (Canada)
MAAC 71660
JVFan is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:18 PM   #2
Phil Harris
RCC Apprentice

Congratulations Yves, now the fun starts, but I can see you are off to a good start.

Philosophy Department, University of Woolloomooloo
Phil Harris is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:49 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Bob D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 12FG
# of RCs: 1+

Felicitations Yves !!!

I hope you never lose the excitement of that first flight

Bob D.
Ajax RC Club
Indoor Aero-Choppers
Member of MAAC since I joined

Lighten Up, Life is waaaaaayyyy too short
Nuker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:54 PM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
Way to go! Thats the best feeling ever, isnt it?

Hope you have a great summer training and having fun. Nothing better than seeing your hard work take off and fly around!
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:16 PM   #5
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: John Davidson
Radio of choice:
EVO(12), Futaba
# of RCs: ?

Nice looking bird Enjoy and welcome to the good times of RC flying.
John Davidson
Keep the shiny side up and the wheels down
Vulcan1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:01 PM   #6
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Wow, reading this brings back the feeling I had after my first flights! What a wonderful feeling!

Thanks for sharing!

Ron Mattiuz

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:59 AM   #7
RCC Contributor
I am: Harry K
Radio of choice:
FrSky Taranis
# of RCs: 13

The first flight feeling is awesome hope it never wears out. I still get a rush everytime I go flying, Its great.
have a good summer,keep us informed, we like to hear how your doing
Harry Ketterer MAAC# 68725
Patricia Region Aero Modelers
Work is what you do for the love of it. My work is model-building. A job is what I do so I can afford to do my work. SPADS RULE
SpadHawk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:27 AM   #8
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim M

Total Props: 1
Congrats Yves!

For what it's worth ........ there is nothing like the first time ..... but everytime you take up a new bird you will get that feeling again ...... Promise!
Jim Moss
MAAC 16236
IMAC 3716
My Old Gallery:
Straighten Up & Fly Right!
JimMoss is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:49 PM   #9
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9
Way to go Yves! Very nice picture of your plane! The first flight does give such an awsome feeling.

Now wait till you make your very first flight on your own with out a buddy box. One of the best flights I can remember is when I made my first landing all by myself.

Jim is absolutely right....everytime you build or assemble a new plane and take it out to the field, start it up and taxi out you'll start to shake a bit and when you take off and see your beautiful plane flying, you get that awsome feeling of excitement and accomplishment again and again.

Thats another great reason I enjoy instructing other so much. Each time a new pilot does one of these wonderful things for the first time, I get as excited and proud as they do just watching the look of excitement come over them.

You have now entered a whole new wonderful world learning. I give you the same encouragement as the others in this thread.....take advantage of the experience of your instructor, watch and listen to how he explains things and may your excitement continue to be a long and happy experience for you!

Congratulations again and keep up the good work!!! and thankyou so much for sharing your first flight with us!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:01 AM   #10
Dave Holmes
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Dave Holmes
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario (no longer Brampton!)
Radio of choice:
Futaba 72 Mhz
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 10
Congratulations, Yves!! It is really a rush, isn't it? May you never lose the excitement. I remember when my adult son went out to the field with his first plane, just to see if people would talk to him. Next thing he knew the guys had checked out his plane, pronounced it airworthy, and offered to test fly it and start his lessons. He wasn't even a member yet!

He called on his cell phone, for me to rush out to the field, and he sounded like he was almost bouncing with glee. He did not come down off the ceiling for several days.

A few weeks later, after assembling my own trainer, and taking it to the field, I went through the same excitement. It was awsome, and it still is.

Wishing you many smooth landings..

Dave Holmes

The older I get, the better I used to be!
Dave Holmes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.