Who's the best Online Store? - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2004, 09:12 AM   #31
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Gus, one problem I have had, is when they ship the 1 or 2 backordered items, and you have to pay shipping again.

You may pay 2 more shipping charges for your back-orders!

I paid $18.00 for a $6.95 fuel tank last year!

Now I'm careful to tell them to advise before shipping backorders.

Ron Mattiuz

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:17 AM   #32
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Fer all the hot air and whining it should be Broken Wind instead of arrow. The point being you have the right as the consumer to go where ever you want to spend your money there are lots out there. Occasionally even the bigger places run out of stock happens in every facet of business. If youíre over the age of puberty you should be used to that fact by now. Why is it when ever someone doesnít agree with you itís some sort of attack... Youíre the one who starts with the snide remarks when someone disagrees with you so you reap what you sow. You know so dam much about how things could and should be in the hobby industry then why are you not in the hobby business then no one would have to wait and you would have certainly made you fortune by now. Hey we've all read the Sears and CDN Tire catalogs and know they carry every thing in stock right. Man with your reasoning then each car dealer is remiss because they also don't carry all makes, models and options as well as all the parts for those vehicles. Man get yer lip out of the dirt itís not the end of the world if the local hobby shop has temporarily ran out of fuel dots fer crying out loud. You sound like my kids when they were younger and needed to be put to bed because they were over tired.

Dennis Pratt
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:36 AM   #33
Broken Arrow
RCC Junior Contributor

Typical of your postings Prop Worm..........not much value to anyone, lacking in intelect and certainly not worth responding to..........
Broken Arrow is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:48 AM   #34
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
We ordered 5 GP Spacewalkes for 4 members and one prize for the club through Hobby Wholesale he only had one in stock but shipped the rest as they came in. There was no extra shipping in fact there was free shipping. The price for each delivered to the door was almost $40 cheaper each than if we drove across the border and bought in the US and brought it back ourselves. He shipped two orders of 1 and the last order he shipped 2 together. We ordered 3 RCS 1.4 from Woodstock Hobbies because after calling around he had the best price. It took a few months but the shipping was marginal and guess what not one other hobby shop I called could supply 3 any faster. The last order was for a Multiplex Royal Evo 12 from Hobby Wholesale and guess what I had feelers out with several shops in the States and I still received mine through Hobby Wholesale before the ones in the States had any for sale. Wholesalers do not like to ship one or two items they usually require a minimum order so often times when a hobby shop runs out of one or two items it is not enough to reorder on its own. I will often go in the hobby shop and if I have need for fuel dots for instance I know I will need more in the future so I have been known to buy several packs at once sometimes cleaning out all the stock. I use 4-40 Sullivan clevises and I usually by the bulk pack but since they were out I bought 10 of the smaller packs that was all they had. It may take a few weeks for them to restock. I know the guys here will get together and make a large combined order and have depleted the stock at Great hobbies of some of their common hardware. I don't run into these last min problems as I usually purchase everything needed for each build before I start and on top of that because we have no local hobby shop I have learned to keep the basics in stock..

Dennis Pratt
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:48 AM   #35
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Randy Brown

If you guys going to keep going on with the personal attacks go do it in private

Randy Brown
MAAC 45752L
Team Airtronics
Randy Brown is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:40 AM   #36
RCC Senior Contributor

I think this thread should have started out with a poll to tabulate total replies for each ONLINE STORE. Wadda ya's thunk about dat idea?
Rob Harway
Sun Parlor Flyers
Windsor, Ontario

"Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for Natural Stupidity"
Rammer64 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:17 AM   #37
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
All I can say, and I dont think the last few posts fairly reflect some of the great places we have to shop for model items in Canada. WIthout these places, what is the alternative? Order a plug or a prop from the USA giant on line outfits?

I have had Tower hobbies (one of the largest mail order shops) have out of stock items in the past. NO ONE can have all items in stock allways.

For instance, in the last few months, I have called Great Hobbies and ordered a multiple of one item (sometimes like 5 or 10, whatever they stocked). Now suppose the same day someone else calls and orders the same item. What are they to do but wait for the next shipment from the distributer...

Asking anyone to stock all items they advertise as being a dealer for is unreasonable at best.

Again, I also suggest that this time of year is the absolute worse time to order stuff as everyone is "waking up" from the winter months and finding they need this and that... all at the same time.
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:58 AM   #38
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Craig K
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 7

out of stock

now I know why I can't get anything
you're buying it all

I tell you that will all change once the noose - errr - marriage happens
Craig 4850
MAAC #9467L IMAC 3706
Aeroworks 35% Yellow Extra 260, DL 100
JR 9503 2.4
craigk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:16 PM   #39
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Mike B
Radio of choice:
JR 9503

It may very well be me, but I have to ask.....What the heck are "fuel dots"
phattires is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:26 PM   #40
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 1
Re: ??

Originally Posted by phattires
It may very well be me, but I have to ask.....What the heck are "fuel dots"
A fitting for refueling. CHeck here:http://www.pspmfg.com/BiggieFuelDots.html
MAAC# 12719
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.