Any Multiplex Users here? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2004, 12:09 PM   #11
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
After careful consideration and a lot of reading I decided to purchase the Multiplex EVO 9. A friend had one and I was able to get my hands on it for an evening and check it out thouroughly!

Bigguy! I read over the info you posted and checked it against the one I had here. I took the back off the Tx and checked out all the wireing. Either Multiplex has corrected the problem or the folks in the postings were just unlucky enough to get a bad radio, which does happen even to the best of them. I found the wireing to be of good quality, and installed in such a way as to not interfere with any of the inner workings. Personally, I don't see how it is said to be too stiff and brittle.

This Radio system has some awsome key features that I feel will be very useful. As for the Exponential being the same for all flight modes, talking directly to Hiflight they say it has been corrected with software updates, the same as the problem with the shift select. We have ordered the interface cable and when it arrives, we will be able to download the newest software up dates correcting these programming problems.

There is quite a learning curve involved with this radio but once that is mastered, this should be an excellent system.

Here are just a few of the specs for those who are interested:

Multiplex Royal EVO 9 FM/PPM
Nine channels
20 Aircraft Model Memory
Large LCD display screen, 3 position tilting with variable contrast control.
Digital trims with sound and graphic display on LCD to show positioning.
Plug in RF Module for individual crystals or "synthesizer module"
6 Button Program access panel.
Fully programmable transmitter controls for any Mode, 1,2,3,or 4.
Up to four flight phases with trim controls on each memory location.
Shift selectable for postitive or negative pulse.
Comprehensive mixing control for Fixed wing for Heli setup!

Very reasonable price for such a full featured radio. Price comparable to the Futaba CAF.
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.