Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2004, 10:03 AM   #11
RCC Contributor
I am: Dave M.
Radio of choice:
Futaba T7C 2.4
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'm trying to understand what any of this has to do
with General RC Discussion
ratherbflyin is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:43 AM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
I dunno Dave, but I have many friends in the USA, and believe me they get a chuckle out of telling me "Canadian" jokes... I dont get all riled up Its not to be taken seriously.

Maybe Jason can move this thread to the "everything else" forum...?
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:09 PM   #13
Ed Smith

I saw a quote somewhere,

Something like this,

"Freedom is the sole posession of those who have the courage to defend it"

Maybe it is time for a little soul searching.

Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2004, 03:00 PM   #14
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dennis M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 7
I think this is extremely funny. The only thing that might be offensive is

25. And we don't bomb our allies

but the rest is great humour. Some would say it all is. Can we still have a few laughs in life. I too am grateful for a lot that our neighbours have done but that doesn't mean I can't poke fun at them.

We Canadians have done a lot ourselves to defend human rights and freedom. It certainly has not all been Americans.
4*60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2004, 04:32 PM   #15
Ed Smith

25. And we don't bomb our allies

In the interests of jesting of course. We would if we had the aircraft!

Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:03 PM   #16
I am: Mike B.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 2
I do not believe that Velcro & the Zamboni was invented by a Canadian.

Mr. Zamboni was in trouble in California awhile back. It was on the news.

Velcro was invented in Poland I think and the guy who invented it never received the rewards.

Do not forget those great Canadian inventions : The constant speed propeller and Kerosene .

Without these two inventions the aircraft industry & air travel would have grown very slowly and our hobby.

In WWII Canada a population of 11 million formed the 3rd largest armed force of 1.2 million.

I do not recall us bombing our allies to often. It has happened to everyone but the USA has had more than their share. Then again they bomb more often than anyone too.

There is a saying " If you don't do any work ; you make no mistakes"

CANADA has allot to be proud of and to bad they do not teach it in schools or most canadians are not aware or care about it.

Now back to our regularly scheduled R/C Canada
SpaceCowboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:59 PM   #17
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Terry L

Total Props: 6
Canadian, eh?

And damn proud of it, too; I feel no shame about our attitude toward our US neighbours at all. I have been to Belgium a couple of times, and they face the bilingual stuff too: who are they relying on for their prosperity? It ain't the US, doesn't seem to be France, not likely the Germans, yet the country is industrious, well-fed, articulate, polite, and only gets into conflict because of others.... something like Canada.

There is always the groundswell of public opinion that we should become "more like" the Americans, maybe even join the union. When that decision is made by Guvnah Kline, or Harper, or any other so-called Canadian, write me out. I will be off to OZ or NZ or the UK or (if I was young enough to learn one of their languages) Belgium, but I will not live with the US health, court, justice, social, or wage systems! I spent too much time down there as just a worker to put me off once and for all. If they see that as "freedom" they are more than welcome to my share, because all you have to do to make an American quake is to say "audit" and "IRS" in the same sentence. Land of the free? Huh.
TLyttle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:58 PM   #18
I am: Mike B.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 2
Canadians say Eh ! USA Americans say huh !

I have never seen a Canadian bus that had a sign on the doors :

" No Guns Aloud"

I saw this in Toledo last month.

Kinda makes you say Hmmm.

SpaceCowboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:35 AM   #19
RCC Contributor

Based upon what I have seen in this forum, that is the Canadian spelling of "allowed". This is c@#p is very destructive. It makes us look like teenage morons with a major inferiority complex. We are not perfect either & this galloping xenophobia in a public forum opens us up to the same stuff.

You guys have selective memories. We bombed a refugee column in Yugoslavia -- the people we were there to protect. We murdered a teenager in Somalia -- again while we were there to protect the Somalis. We stood around minding our own business in Rwanda while tens of thousands of Rwandans were murdered right in front of our eyes -- again the people we were there to protect. We beat seals to death with sticks.
Our politicians are thieves, and in Alberta they burn Rudyard Kippling & Winnie the Pooh books because they represent animals as having souls.

Brighten up & go fly airplanes -- you sure don't know much else.
Never take life seriously -- nobody gets out alive
britbrat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:04 AM   #20
I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 16
Appologies in Advance Jason but I couldn't just sit idley by

Originally Posted by britbrat
Brighten up & go fly airplanes -- you sure don't know much else.

You should take your own advice.... lighten up!

Personally I get sick and tired of the American media... and I am not saying ALL Americans here as I have quite a few friends who live in the South, always taking every chance they can get to put Canada down through jokes in poor taste or just comments on how different we do things here ... EH!

Next you are going to say that Rick Merser should be taken off the airways! Have you watched his show "Talking To Americans"? Now you gotta believe that a good number of the folk that he interviews no he is joking around and go along with it. If Americans can laugh at themselves... why can't the rest of us?

Why is it Americans are allowed to openly show their Patriotism but Canadians are supposed to cower and hide ours? no we are not infallible and our Government and Military make mistakes but we don't try and hide it or brush it off with an "oh well to bad".

Do you personally know anyone in the Canadian Military? I do and my friend has had 5 deployments to Yugoslavia as a peacekeeper and what nobody in the media will tell you is that neither side wants any outside interference from other countries. Many times he has been harassed by the people we are trying to protect so see it's not always black and white, it is mostly grey.

Must be the lousy weather getting to everyone... lets just get back to RC.

Jim Daly
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.