I AM CANADIAN!!! - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2004, 10:12 AM   #21
Ed Smith

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

I think it is time!

Before I pile on and get realy nasty!

Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:59 AM   #22
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9

Thanks for your comments. I guess if Rick Merser goes then they MUST take other shows off the air too.

Lets start right at the heart of the matter. CBC Radio One and Two are out! The "humor" or lack thereof that I posted was almost word for word from a CBC broadcast that I listened to and I was told it was shameful so CBC has got to go. Lets get MAD TV off the air too. And the broadcasting of the Montreal Comedy Festival on the Comedy Channel, full of Anti-America comedy! Lets ignore the fact that its mostly American commedians who come to Canada and do these "jokes" about Americans on Canadian TV.

Lets see....Jay Leno has to go, Conan O'Brian is definitely out! I guess we better take all comedy shows off the air just in case someone makes an Anti-American comment. We wouldn't want to offend our "Big Brother" and protector so I guess we can't ever be too cautious here! If we want humor we will just have to tune into an American station and listen to some good jokes about Canadians eh!

Sorry, If this post offends anyone! I guess I should do as someone else did receiently here on RCCanada and include a "Disclaimer" with every post I make! Folks here who know me, know that I am not a malicious person and I like to joke with my friends. I do everything that I can to help folks, even at my own expense and would not purposefully try to hurt anyone. It just seems to me that no matter what way we turn these days, whether talking anything political, religious, ethnic or just commenting on the weather, we're somehow offending someone. I am part Irish and part Scottish. My youngest son is married to a Native Indian girl and my Daughter is married to a young man from Newfoundland and my oldest son is married to a Polish girl. How many jokes have you heard about these ethnic groups? Am I justified now to jump hard on everyone and anyone who would "jokeingly" make a comment about any of these groups? Guess I better prepair to put up a fight for the rest of my life in mine and their defense!

Even under the worse conditions, humor is a way of lessening the pain! I would hate to see a world without humor but it looks like thats what some folks would push to have, dare we offend anyone!!

All I dare say further, hoping not to offend anyone and using someone elses advise is: "Never take life seriously - nobody gets out alive!" Maybe someone should take their own advise!

DISCLAIMER: The above is only meant to be my own personal opinion, I think I am still allowed an opinion, but I could be mistaken! It was not meant to offend anyone and I was only wishing to express my personal view on some of the previous posts. If any of this post is deemed to be offensive, it was not my intention to be so and I do apologize to those whos views and opinions differ from my own!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:03 AM   #23
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Britbrat: Gary was repeating a joke that was on a public government-run broadcast. Get over it.

No disclaimer required.

Lets go builld planes.

Ron Mattiuz

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:37 AM   #24
RCC Contributor

OK Ronm, time to quit this silly stuff & go flying
Never take life seriously -- nobody gets out alive
britbrat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:59 AM   #25
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
I would, however the snow is falling and its cold outside!

So, instead I am off to go building, "Canadian style" I might add, with a wool toque on, and a few stubbies nearby - ok hosers? (heh heh, you gotta watch SCTV to get that one.. )
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:14 PM   #26
Ed Smith

My Last word,

If I want to talk about Model Airplane Stuff I go to a model Airplane Forum.

If I want racial insults and bigoted jokes I go to the appropriate TV program. It is a simple matter of the right content in the right place.

Do you want my religious and political views next. I can make some real nasty statements about the christian religion!

With this whole thread I have not learned a single thing about the subject this Forum was created for.

Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:36 PM   #27

Total Props: 1
One man's humour is another man's racism. or anger. or whatever. I love Mercer and his "American Interviews". But it's nothing we haven't heard before. C'mon. I lived in St Cath for ever. It's July, 90o out (I hate Celcious (?) and I've seen so many skiis on the U.S. cars out of Niagara Falls you could stock a sporting goods store.

Puhleeze. This ain't RC Discussion but "this, too is reality".
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:20 PM   #28
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
So Ed don't read it simple. There are more than a few I have no interest here so I don't read them. No sense getting ones knickers in a knot over someone elses sense of humour.

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:02 PM   #29
RCC Noob

Edited for content by the administrator.
doctoreagle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:19 PM   #30
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: ID

Edited for content by the administrator

For a new member here you sure are getting off on the wrong foot
You are out of line with this statement
I think this thread should be shut down before a hell breaks loose
"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke
2thelmt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.