Grants - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2004, 09:16 AM   #1
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: DM

Total Props: 3

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have just got in from my first trip out to the field this spring. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. The vandals in there 4-wheel drives only tore our pits all to pieces this time and not the strip . My question is has any club or person tried and been able to get any grants from your municipality or anywhere. We need to repair the years of damage and put in a drain for some water collecting along the runway. Our club at one time was very large (before I started flying) but many got out of the hobby and sadly some passed on. Now we have about 10 flyers and were making a crawling come back but funds are tight.
Famous last words, "Watch this!!".
Norm is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:17 AM   #2
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Ian G

Total Props: 1

Norm,as far as getting grants,it depends if you are talking municiple or provincial.They are not easy to come by but from time to time they do happen. I heard of a RC car club that got $10,000.00 in northern NB to build a facility some 10 years ago.Occassionally,in an election year,money MAY be given in smaller communities as a FAVOUR.Trying to get help from municiple governments with all the cut backs from the provincial govt's is geting very difficult as you have to show how our hobby is bennificial to the community.Is your club involved in the community with a school program? or major fund raisers like a 24 hour run for what ever? You have to be known in the general public otherwise you'll be fighting an uphill battle for those precious dollars.
Give it a shot.Nothing ventured,nothing gained.
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
IAN GUNN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:57 PM   #3

Total Props: 1
Norm, related but unrelated: our field got hit last night too. An abandoned (and off-limits) barn was torched. Some pit area damage but luckily for us the fools (in their 4x4) stayed off the runway. Pouring rain last night and they drove through a farmers field to get at it.

voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:46 PM   #4
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Our club (Aurora Model Air Club) got a grant from the Trillium Foundation (your Ontario lotto money at work for us). Upgraded our access road, bought a new tractor/mower, and a couple of complete trainer kits (with buddy-box/ field box each).

It is mentioned in the lates MAAC in the zone L (southeast ont) report.

if only...
gus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.