Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2004, 11:06 PM   #11
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Kevin P
Radio of choice:
JR 12xMV
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just got done reading that CRAP .Again to your zone rep to get the real facts .

Kevin Perry
MAAC 29876

... Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs..
KevinPerry is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:46 AM   #12
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ted L

I don't know and haven't heard anything about this accident until just now. I went to the threads listed above for another site and that was the first I heard of this. I can understand not releasing the family name or the location of this accident. But I can't help but think that some discussion of the details (not the gore) of this accident CAN help us all. I think if nothing else it will make people more aware of the dangers associated with flying model aircraft. Alot of people become complacent when they have been doing something for a very long time, model pilots included. Perhaps a little discussion would shock some of those pilots back to the reality that injuries do occur at the flying field and it is best to keep your guard up. I don't think that I'm being insensitive to the family or the injured pilot, maybe I am, but I don't think so. If someone reads the details and realizes that they are capable of serious injury should contact with another human being occur with their aircraft then perhaps they will be more diligent with their planes and equipment. I don't know if the cause for this accident has been determined, so I do not intend to lay any blame on anyone. But I for one will make sure that I do everything in my power to ensure my plane is not involved in an accident like this. This does not mean it will not happen but I will be sure that if it does I did everything I could have to prevent it before hand.

I also can't help but think if the pilot that was injured was able to give his opinion I wonder what his request would be? To try and shut everyone up and act like there is no reason to discuss the accident and thus not try to learn from it or would his opinion be to release the details and then try to learn from it. I know what mine would be but we can't know what his would be. All too often peoples reaction to a terrible accident is to not think about it, don't talk about it, maybe even try to deny or forget about it. The fact is the best way to deal with tragedy is to talk about it.

With all of my heart I wish the injured pilot and his family God's peace. I also wish the other people that were present during the accident the same. I know if I was there it would trouble me for a long time to come and my thoughts are with them as well.

Noin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:36 AM   #13
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Ted, MAAC and the family have requested that we wait for the facts or a statement to be released. The latest info from MAAC you can get by contacting your Zone Director first. Itís not a lack of dissemination of facts but a control over the wild and silly speculations of some who think they are in the know. A prime example was at the Otterville fun fly when someone started a rumor that the injured man had passed on. Not only was it untrue but it greatly upset many of those in attendance who know the man. It took some time to clear the matter up but during that time think of the anguish of those who are close and personal friends of the pilot and his family.

If you read the posts on the other site you have to go no further than the post by Brit Brat. His first sentence sums up in a nut shell why this site takes the cautious approach "I have some (alleged) details." Boy talk about the old adage ďIf you havenít heard a good rumor by 10 am then start one.Ē

Take the feelings of everyone involved into consideration before you speculate or repeat what you think are the facts. Most likely they are not. Instead if you have any questions contact your Zone Director.

Dennis Pratt
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:48 AM   #14
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
Thanks Dennis...........that sums it up exactly.
IMAA 27023
IMAC 3710
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:49 AM   #15
RCC Contributor
I am: Chris D

The question I have.

If the ZD's have the information. Why can't it be posted here and shared with everyone?

It just seems odd that it's all a big hush-hush.
Chris Dallas MAAC#41367

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Cdallas2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:11 AM   #16
RCC Contributor
I am: Greg

Look i'm not trying to be rude or anything but if it was you that had been injured wouldn't you want to wait until everything was settled and investigation was through. All of us our thinking of the well being of the fella and hope he is doing good but leave it alone until we get the whole story.
Its great when your 3 year old knows the names of all your planes lol
stuntbuddie is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:55 AM   #17
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: JLA

Total Props: 3
Well put Greg.

aubej is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.