Inhured pilot discussion - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2004, 08:20 PM   #21
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
It basically states what some of us have been saying all along.

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:58 PM   #22
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
And that should end the discussion until further requested by MAAC on the website.
Hangar Nine SpitFire..Saito.100
Top Flite P51..Saito.91
RCGUYS Decathlon..SPE 26
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:49 AM   #23
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Bill M

Total Props: 0
injured pilot

Why can some people not take a hint, Drop the discussion till alll facts have been found and all relative parties(ie the person involoved and the people that witnessed it) say it it is a valid discussion. I for one know that i would not want people talking behind my back about an accident that iwas involved in, whether they meant well or not, lets just drop it until the parties involved bring it up. My heart goes out to whomever was involved, initally or secondarily, it is somethin that will effect yu for life, but everyone else stay out of it!!!!!. sorry if I offend anyone, but i have heard enough.!!!
There is no such thing as too low
Team Yak
Team "M"
WildBill is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:32 PM   #24
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Wade Z

Total Props: 4
Just found out about the incident. Agree that any 'rumors' should be squashed. Best wishes to the injured gent and his family.

Flysrc (Dave) point about people very close to a critical incident being affected is valid. Saw a few things in that vein while I was a volunteer firefighter.

MAAC #57828
Living dangerously in the Low Fly Zone (seakings overhead !!!!)
Aircraft Maintenence Engineer-Structures apprentice
Argus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:13 PM   #25
Marc Sharpe
RCC Junior Contributor

Critical Incident Trauma is real and my thoughts go out to family and friends on both sides of this tragedy. Issues of family privacy need to be respected. This specific incident is under investigation and that needs to be respected as well. There is enough public info available out there already that should satisfy everyone's basic instinctive need to know "what happened". Everyone should realize it's only fate that has stopped you or I from being on either end of something very similar.

We pray first of all for a miracle of recovery for the members involved.

That said, I think I speak for all members who are not directly involved when I suggest that we all share a secondary concern as to how our members and their families will be treated in regards to insurance issues regardless of the circumstances because any one of us could just as easily have been in one pair of shoes or the other.

My hope is that all involved are treated fair, with respect and understanding because that is how I want me and my family to be treated should fate come after me some day.

I also want to see MAAC make it through this because we should all realize what is at stake in the outcome and I trust the members of the board to ensure we are kept informed in a timely manner.
........recent escapee from the nut farm and Loogan hunter!
Marc Sharpe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:42 PM   #26
Holly Smoke
RCC Apprentice

Some of you guy's need to get a life.

By the time you have "bashed" this issue and other so called safety issues around the Web long enough maybe we will not be able to find an underwritter to provide us with insurance. Soon you will have the world convinced that nuclear generation facilities in your back yard are safer than model aircraft organizations. Driving your motor vehicle to the local flying field is the most dangerous part of the sport.

Not to make lite of the incident that has happened and unfourtunate as it may be for all concerned there is risk in everything we do. For those of you who feel that RC activities are so dangerous then maybe you should take up needle point.

Keep telling the world that what we do is "dangerous" and just maybe you will convince them, after all that is what gun controll is all about. Maybe the industry should be restricted to 5 lb aircraft and .46 engines with rubber propellers.......

Lets make this sport safe.....lets ensure everyone doing this activity is made aware of it's inherent risks but lets not lobby ourselves out of existance. Some of you fear mongers need to get back to reallity and find some other facite of the hobby to dominate.
Holly Smoke is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:02 AM   #27
RCC Apprentice

I don't need to know exactly what happened, or any of the details of the accident, that information will come out when it comes out. However, I would like to know how he is doing. Honestly I don't even know for sure if the worst has happened or not. Assuming he is still with us, it would be nice to have general info on his progress, i.e. is he in stable condition, critical, is he in a coma or is aware of his surroundings. Please correct me if I am wrong in saying that knowing his general condition shouldn't be an invasion of privacy or hurtful to his family or other people involved.

P.S. Only someone who is privy to his general condition should be allowed to inform the RC community, second hand information doesn't help and only confuses the issue.
RCHolic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:34 AM   #28
Holly Smoke
RCC Apprentice

Maybe it is none of your business or anyones else who is not directly related to the events that have happened. You probably don't even know the person involved so what impact on your life has this created? Not to be rude, but why dosen't everyone just mind thier own affairs. Do you show this much concern when a bus load of people goes over a cliff in Brazil and everyone is killed or injured? Do you spend your idle time seaching for answers?

Every activity has a risk of some nature. Talking on your cell phone while driving is more risky than flying model you ever talk on your cell phone while driving.....shame on you.

I think everyone should just mind thier own affairs and let nature take it's course........and stay off the cell you don't risk my life chatting about events that have nothing to do with you.
Holly Smoke is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:43 AM   #29
RCC Contributor

What I've seen so far on this discussion has been healthy for our sport. Discussions like this raise safety awareness and should be allowed to continue.

I'm sure R/C Clubs across Canada are involved in extensive discussions about this incident and how it relates to their field setup and more importantly how their members conduct themselves in relation to safety.

I'm sure there is a good majority of clubs in Canada who aren't following MAAC Guidelines for their field setup.

I was a Flight Safety Accident Investigator in the Canadian Armed Forces having conducted and been involved in numerous accident investigations. One investigation I was involved with had 6 fatalities. Let me assure that rumours or what is discussed on this forum will not in anyway affect the investigation. Professional Investigators are only interested in Factual information.

Let the discussion continue it's good for our sport!!!!!

Mike Sebastien
airframe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:49 AM   #30
RCC Contributor
I am: Andrew B

Holy Smoke...

I don't think this issue needs to get personal... That goes for all involved here.
Canadiank-9 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.