safety while grass cutting - Page 7 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2004, 10:59 AM   #61
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Ian G

Total Props: 1
safety cutting grass

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Airframe,With out a doubt,I AM NOT A WINGS QUALLIFIED POWER PILOT.I am how ever quallified as a glider pilot and I am under going training to receive my wings for power.
As for the safety field guidelines,I guess that I should have iqnored the fact that you are a NATIONAL competitor,former instructor at many previous clubs west of the Maritimes and that you were most likely qualified long before those specific guidelines were past.This is an issue that will be going forth at our AZM in September in which a recommendation to have coding added to your MAAC membership card would negate your comment.
Having said that,if you feel unsafe and unsure that my requst for a flight demo of IMAC flying may cause a problem for you,then I will ot feel disappointed if you choose not to perform the demo.
I also must advise you that with regards ro your comment on selective rules and that you abide by the all,your nose is growing.

Choise is yours if you wish to do the demo.
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
IAN GUNN is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:35 AM   #62
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
I don't feel comfortable doing the Demo because of the Insurance issues.

I have never been Wings qualified at a previous club.

I'm curious what rules have I chosen to iqnore?

It is a anatomical fact that everyone's nose is growing.

Mike Sebastien
airframe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:52 AM   #63
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike Clemmens

Mike and Ian,

If I might make a suggestion....

One of you pick up the phone and call the other person to try to sort this stuff out. continuing to debate these issues here on RC Canada is not the way to go. Im quite confident that if this were to happen, the fun fly and its demos could go on as planned.

Give it a try guys!

Mike Clemmens
50%300SFlyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:01 PM   #64
Marc Sharpe
RCC Junior Contributor

It would appear that this is boiling down to a single club issue. Majority rules.

Sounds like Mike needs to head out and start looking for a friendly land-owner and a new name for his club. Regardless of who's right or wrong, bad form to trash your local club's prez on a national site.

Nobody will win.

Good luck.
........recent escapee from the nut farm and Loogan hunter!
Marc Sharpe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:30 PM   #65
Holly Smoke
RCC Apprentice

Quick note for Gus....

Several points but short....

Transport Canada does not oversee the use of frequencies aloted to the rc hobby world nor do they controll or regulate the use of baby monitors.....Do you have a radio license.....have you ever written an exam....if you are a bad boy who is going to take away your old do you have to be to purchase a radio system.........what are the Government rules for the use of this equipment........

If you think only a handfull of people are killed by drunk drivers in Canada every definately spending to muck time sniffing glue......or kissing butt.....

MAAC will not give you definate written enforcable rules and regulations because if something goes wrong.....they would be reasponsible....therefore they do not govern, dictate or legislate......they lobby on our behalf, arrange for group coverage of our "ASSOCIATION" and the rules regarding what and how we are covered are rules of the Insurance Carrier......not MAAC...........

Model aviation did not put man on the you would have us believe....

Pasionate or not......many people try to make this whole industry more complicated than need be in order to bring about a mystique about how important they are because they fly model aircraft instead of golfing....smoke and mirrors for the underachiever...

I will admit that it took courage for you to admit being a butt kisser but given your past participation I think you may be admitting the obvious......

Did you put a lightning rod in...........or are you just shitting me.....
Holly Smoke is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:46 PM   #66
RCC Contributor

I don't believe I have trashed him. If I have done so it was unintentional and I apolizige.

I believe in democracy when you hold Public office or take part in a discussion in the public domain then all is fair. Because a person hold's a public position does that mean he is above criticism, I think not. If we can't question our politicians and public officials than that is the end to democracy.

On the other hand Mr. Gunn has made accusations or inferred that I haven't follow rules and that I have lied. I have accepted his comments without malice and have responded to them intelligently and I haven't stooped to a lower level.

Mr Gunn has also made comments about my nose growing. I'm very sensitive about overly large nose. Gee this guy is good he knows that I have big nose and he has never even met me face to face. He must seen a picture of me somewhere.

I strongly believe in MAAC and what it stands for I have always follow the MAAC safety code and I believe I'm a safe and conscientous flyer. I do question rules and authority when I think they are wrong or inappropiate, 2 wars (first gulf war, Somialia) and 27 years in the military will do that to you.

Yea this is a pissing contest between us but when uninformed persons (not my words) say things that aren't true about MAAC I get pissed.

Mike Sebastien
airframe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:02 PM   #67
RCC Junior Contributor

Re: Glad to see someone else besides me takes a stand....

Originally Posted by Holly Smoke
(4) Someone mentioned Transport Canada regulating model aircraft or controlling r/c aircraft this one really made me chuckle. That would be the same as the Department of National Defense regulating the GI Joe industry. Man, some of you fellas are out in LEFT field.....this is JUST model aircraft and a hobby and no more dangerous than the "guy" doing the hobby.
Just to clarify. Check ANO's and CARs and you will find that model aircraft are discussed (albeit to a small extent) thus TC does regulate model aircraft to a certain extent. Also they had been working on a new definition of UAV's which may have include model aircraft. It is my understanding that this is what led to MAACs involvment with TC.

J_Helps is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:17 PM   #68
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: JLA

Total Props: 3
This has become tiring and unproductive.

aubej is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.