RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
On Road RC For nitro & electric on road rc racing

Old 03-21-2016, 06:52 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: Alex Fagundes
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 0
BSR BT-4 Project

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Was looking at the hobbyking car sale the other day and finally after all these years I pulled the trigger. It's my first vehicle kit ever built from scratch. I custom build drones and have a 1/8 buggy but Building cars was totally new to me. I painted a few bodies when I was young cause I like them but couldn't afford the cars....Turned out I sucked at painting

Anyway, I managed to get the Car kit on sale for $55 and decided to go with a trackstar 60a esc and 3800kv motor combo (Rebranded Hobbywing Quickrun combo) The esc and motor kit was also on sale for $37. Since I was on a role I also decided to pick up 2 sweeps STC-4 bodies that happened to be on sale as well for $13 a piece. The total came to $160US shipped. This was a great budget build. Reason I didn't go with a sensored Motor and esc was price to start with and also the fact I wasn't planning on doing any club racing any time soon.

The kit went together pretty smooth with no missing parts. I had some help using the following very useful link:

Room was very tight with the hardware combo I chose but luckily I had a low profile servo and everything turned out real well.

I chose to keep the first body on this build just white to make sure I didn't mess things up too much. I did mess the post holes a little and then decided to ream the holes larger where they needed to be and added some plastic hole covers. I think it puts less stress on the holes anyway.

All in all it was pretty fun. Now to put on the rest of my stickers and take it for a run
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3649.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	886514   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3644.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	886522   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3645.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	596.8 KB
ID:	886530   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3631.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	1,010.7 KB
ID:	886546  

Name:	IMG_3632.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	983.2 KB
ID:	886554   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3636.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	898.4 KB
ID:	886562   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3637.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	624.0 KB
ID:	886570   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3638.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	565.5 KB
ID:	886586  

Name:	IMG_3640.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	886594  
imported_fusion is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.