RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2004, 09:17 AM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Mike C

Total Props: 0
Another day in the books.....

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Wow, what a great turnout we had at JJAG for the 3rd race in the Nova scotia Gas Truck Points Series (NSGTPS). We had 12 entries in the class and the racing was very tight all day. Most had very little problems throughout qualifying, which made for quite a low tension day.

The qualifying consisted of 3 rounds of 5 minute heats. THe race for the A-main was very tight, quite a few 12 lap runs. That was until Michel, Mike C and Dave P ran together to each post 13 laps and guarantee themselves a spot in the A-main.

Once all the qualifying dust settled and the mains were sorted by the computer, here is how we stood.

Dave I
Mike H

Chris A
Don R
Adam S

Mike C
Dave P

The C-main was a good race with Dave I coming out on top with 11 laps, one lap up on second place driver Shane. Mike H came in 3rd and todd was a DNS.

Chris A ran away with the B-main and was 2 laps up on the field. He was followed by Don R, Adam S and richard.

The A main was 15 minutes so pit stops would play a part of the race, and like nascar and F1, so would pitstop stategies.
At the tone Dave rocketed to the front with the hole shot, while mike and roland tangled in the corner. Dave led for 4 laps being closely followed by Michel. By lap 5 Michel and mike had moved from 2nd and 4th respectively to 1st and 2nd, shuffling Dave back to 3rd.
Within the next 6 laps they swapped the lead 3 times in some very close action. Mike would come on hard, make the pass and then hit the boards, probably a sign of nerves and excitement. At lap 10 Roland flamed out and by lap20 was out of the race for good. On lap 11 Michel ran out of gas before his pitstop and went a lap down, this moved Dave P into 2nd and it was looking like an all Nova Scotia, all Associated run to the finish. On lap 14, at the 5 1/2 minute mark Mike came in for the pitstop and even with driver error(hit the board pulling in), his Pit man (Dave I) was able to get him out still in front.
About a minute later it became apparent the Dave P intended to try a one pitstop strategy and at the 7 1/2 minute mark pulled in to get fuel, and it looked the the strategy could work. Mike still had one stop to go and Dave and mike were still on the same lap. However, on his outgoing lap Dave blew apart his clutch assembly and this ended his race.
This left Mike C and Michel on the track with a lap and a half separating them. It stayed this way for the next 7 minutes and at the tone Mike C was the winner, followed by Michel, Dave P and Roland.

With the new rules to the points class that the worst 2 races for each driver will be dropped, Michel and Mike C are tied for top spot, each with a 1st and 2nd place finish to their credit. A numerical list will soon follow with total points to date, not taking into account the drops.

If there are and questions or comments feel free to PM me or email me.

Mike C
I am so far behind that I think I'm in first...
iflybyu is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:13 PM   #2
RCC Noob

Good win Mike,you drove like a champ!
He,who dies with the most toys, WINS!!!
Mirage is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:31 PM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Mike C

Thanks Michel,

You had a great drive also. To bad your truck was so thirsty, must have been the

I am so far behind that I think I'm in first...
iflybyu is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.