MVVS 1.6 gas engine - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Large Engines Discuss Engines Used on Giant Scale Aircraft. Gas/Glow, as long as they're big!

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2004, 08:00 AM   #1
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
MVVS 1.6 gas engine

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
to any users of this engine or the 2.16 I'd sure like to hear about your experiences with them, thanks. I would like to get into a first gasser aerobatic sports plane next season . Any plane/engine combo's you would suggest ?
LessGravity is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:02 AM   #2
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Bill M

These are great engines, i have the 58 and it is such a powerhouse for the size, at the funfly on the weekend a few guys thought i had and 80, in my plane!, the 1.6 is a good replacment for the 1.20 to 1.50 four strokes, it is a little heavier but you won't be dissapointed with the performance, go to their website, there is a review there and all teh specs. If you don't have one yet call John at triad aviation 1 888 783 3912, he has them in stock, or email Dave Moen here on rccanada, he is the canadian importer, he can help you out too. i just wwent and checked the review again, teh engine will turn an 18-10 menz at 6700rpm, pretty impressive for a 1.6, it weighs 2 pounds, plus ignition, about 3 pound total(ingnition, and battery).
There is no such thing as too low
Team Yak
Team "M"
WildBill is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:55 PM   #3
RCC Contributor

The MVVS 1.60 gas ROCKS!

I would say that even if I wasn't the Canadian distributor!

My partner and I have them on H9 Ultra Stick Lite's with the tuned pipe. I run an 18x8 Menz "S" prop. I get 8300 rpm static out of the thing! With a pitts style exhaust, you could count on about 7600 rpm. If you are looking for a winter project, a very popular combination in Europe is the MVVS 1.60 with a pipe on a 2 meter Funtana. The model has provision for a pipe tunnel. I'm thinking of building one this winter as I would like something a little more 3D-able for the 1.60.

I fired up another brand new 1.60 yesterday as a matter of fact, pull it out of the box, bolt it up to the stand, adjust both needles to 2 turns open, flip the prop once and it's running!

If you want a first gasser in a size that keeps the costs reasonable, this is an excellent choice.

The actual weight is 1096 grams with the ignition and spark-plug, this is only 2.4 pounds.
David Moen
Salmon Arm, B.C.
MVVS Canada
David_Moen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:40 PM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Steve H.

Total Props: 2
I watched Dave fly his stick at their fun fly not too long ago, very impressive.
Hughes500E is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:12 PM   #5
RCC Junior Contributor

I'll second that..........the performance of these engines is impressive. Can't wait 'till Labor Day and a 1.6 will be mine !!!
BrianDallas is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:24 PM   #6
salty morgan
RCC Contributor

what do you guys think of..

putting one of those on my top-flite gold edition sea fury.
it isn't built yet. it's still very in the "do i really want to glue this kit togather" phase.
but i'd like the idea of a gasser.
i do like to buy other peoples junk...

Bob the Builder is my pilot.

i wish i were more gruntled.

ch 41
salty morgan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.