CARF SPITFIRE ASSEMBLY and SCALE DETAILING - Page 6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Giant Scale Aircraft Discuss Giant RC Scale Aircraft.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:52 AM   #51
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 149

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by RAMJET View Post
Brian truly was a amazing guy, his wish was for me to have and finish the Spitfire so one day I will continue this thread for him , hard to think about that now but maybe come winter the guys on RCC can hep me finish the plane as Brian would have wished . I would like to set up a day each year to fly the spit in Brian's honer. I think it would be nice to have him named as the pilot on the spit and to make a custom battle art work on the cowl .
Thank you for the update Roger. I'm all for it! The plane will be Brian's legacy and should always be flown in his honor. Every time you fly it, it will remind you of him, and will serve to keep his memory alive.
RC Test Pilot; FPV Instructor, Airplane Instructor; Helicopter Instructor

My Aircraft Albums:

Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:26 AM   #52
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: K.Kalynuk

Total Props: 14

Originally Posted by BAMDFISHER View Post

When I was down at Joe Nall this year I got to see this very Spitfire with a multitude of engines in it. All had detailed cockpits, but for the most, Unless the Pilot was removed 90% of the details were obscured.

I therefore opted to spend just a modest amount of the money on the interior detail parts and spend MORE money on the Pilot which is clearly visible to all.

This interior canopy DOES NOT lend itself to having an OPEN cockpit door for the Pilot to get in. I plan to "Simulate a Cockpit door with a hinge and a more defined space between the door and fuselage but mine will not actually open. This is something to ponder if you want a real door opening and you might have to look at an alternate interior kit.
quote from a ex RCAF warbirder - "a man on a galloping horse will not see that"
as you fly a display pass with a bit of left bank on, going past your "flying" buddy's " they will say "NICE PASS" as they see the grace of your Spitfire in flight! they will not see your cockpit detail.

the Hangar Queen builders in the group will say "nice cockpit"

my 2 cents of over doing cockpit detail, good call on your part.
I never flew the CF-100 but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express! I'm on Facebook as KPK Warbirds.
cf100 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:41 PM   #53
RCC Apprentice
I am: Brandon H

Total Props: 0

amazing job so far! i was looking at the CARF corsair myself some day.
Edge54010 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.