Kangaroo 2 and RAM750 airstart. $1300 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2004, 12:15 AM   #1
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Kangaroo 2 and RAM750 airstart. $1300

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Fiberclassics Kangaroo 2. This is the blue and yellow version, but it has been modified.
I didn't like the high thrust line of the Kangaroo, so I lowered the turbine into the fuselage, and built a full new back hatch that encloses the entire thing. This is like a Rookie style, but I actually like the rear of my mod better than the Rookie. I was fitting it with a RAM750 air start. Other engines should fit, but autostart engines may hit the wing tube with the starter motor, I'm not sure, something small like a PST600 would fit in there wonderfully and be a great engine for this bird.
The jet is near ready for paint. I didn't want the yellow and blue so I was going to paint it.

What does it come with?

Kangaroo 2 composite airframe modified
Brand new Spring air 101HD retracts
Robart offset nose gear strut
VK main gear oleo struts
BVM 2 5/8" sport wheels and brakes brand new
Turbine Connection Kevlar fuel cell

All this to replace would cost you just over $1500cdn without GST and shipping if you were to buy it new, a new Kangaroo will cost you $444 US just for the airframe, and shipping is another $100US for comparison.

Also included if you want is a RAM750 air start turbine complete. HOWEVER!!!!!
This engine is damaged and needs to be rebuilt. Carlos at RTI has the engine right now and his quote for rebuilding is $900.45US.
The electronics, fuel pump, battery, and all assorted equipment is in great condition. The turbine wheel came apart on this engine.
The items in Carlos's quote are:

Bearings 2
Bearing Housing
Turbine Wheel
Bearing Spring Wave Washer
Propane Manifold
Welding of Exhaust Cone
Hardware Pkg

This is his quote as of August 30th 2004. I cannot guarantee this price forever but that is what his quote was. I have already paid the $75USD for him to inspect the engine and find what needed to be repaired.

A used RAM750 air start sells for about $1400 to $1600US currently.
Once rebuilt this will be a virtually brand new engine.

I am asking $1300Canadian for the airframe and all parts listed AND the turbine.
Shipping will be via greyhound in Canada and paid by the buyer.
This is essentially $950 for the Kangaroo and $350 for the Engine.

IF you are interested in only one or the other items, I will sell the Kangaroo for $1000 and the RAM for $400, buy them both and save $100.

This is a VERY inexpensive way to get into turbine jets and a great package!!!

I would like to sell it in Canada so I can box it and put it on greyhound.
For an additional $1000 I will finish it in a 3 color paint scheme if desired. I have references for my build and paint quality should you need any.
Please email me at lgm@lgmguitars.com for any other info, pictures to follow shortly

Thank you

================================================== =======
RCC Classified Quick Rules

- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.

================================================== =======

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:17 AM   #2
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Can deliver to Princeton jet rally this weekend too if interested but you MUST get in touch with me before Thursday Sept 16th
Closed Thread