General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 05-20-2016, 03:40 AM   #31
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dennis M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 7
Re: Ebay is now junk

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
At one time the reason for not shipping to Canada was it required a visit to the post office but the domestic was picked up at home. Also the customs declaration takes a moment.
4*60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:00 AM   #32
RCC Apprentice
I am: walter

Total Props: 0
Ebay did what it could to make money and satisfy some

I also look at Ebay regularly and have noticed a number of seller say they will not ship to Canada. Why is that? Is it because it is too much of a hassle to ship here? You also have to be very careful of the quality of the item you are thinking of buying ,just like Cliff says there is alot of junk being sold there.You have to look at the photos very closely for damage. I find there is no good deals there anymore,when you consider the shipping and the exchange rate on our dollar.

US Sellers don't like to lie and enter incorrect Values on CP72 /CN22 forms.

US sellers see an Insured amount section on the form and enter the Insured Value, the actual Purchase Price.

US sellers prefer UPS as it's easier then driving /finding a post office.

US postal employees have never shipped anything to Canada and don't know their way around the USPS computer system.

Filling out a CP72 Form can be as simple as "Toy Plane Parts", yet some Senders feel they need to add a detailed Description, as the form says

We complain because we get a Bill Later for Brokerage fees/ GST/ Duty.

The Global Shipping Program Deals with that up Front

To some it all up we are inconvenient!

We are Whiners and Complainers, those south of the Boarder don't want to hear that.

On another note we have a massive free trade agreement to thank for allowing every product that moves between our two countries to see a "border Crossing" and receive a numerical code which determines how we pay tax on it.

Just employing people nothing else

My 2 cents
again is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:53 AM   #33
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Cliff S
Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 13

Well Walter I disagree with just about everything you say. Global shipping is a ripoff.
1. they charge import charges on even small items and there is no import charges to Canada.
2. I end up paying shipping charges twice for the same item
3. Canada Post fast process packages with a value of under $200.00 and they come straight to my mail box.

"If my being here has made your day a little more pleasant then I have done my job" Red Skelton 1913 - 1997 (famous Comedian)
kip51035 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:00 AM   #34
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: michael o
Radio of choice:
JR ss and 8103, FrSky Taranis
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 4

Originally Posted by kip51035 View Post
I just queried a seller about the shipping cost for receiver crystal at $14.95. His answer was that USPS has changed their postal regulation. Now the maximum thickness of an envelope is 1/4" and everything else has to go parcel post. I noticed on Ebay that the shipping cost of small items has gone up dramatically. Canada post has reduced their envelope thickness from 1" to about 5/8". It looks like the north america mail system is trying to ruin the mail order business. On the other hand I can get it shipped from China for free.
Kip (and others)

Thanks for pointing out the rip off of Ebay.

A minor clarification and comment on the specifications for shipping small items via Canada Post non-standard and oversize letter mail.

The maximum thickness is 0.80"/20mm, a bit over 3/4" and the maximum weight is 500grams, about 16/17 ounces.

I've bought and sold lots of private sales of things such as smaller servos, other electrical parts, props, with the postage for 100 grams being $2 and up to 200grams being $3 plus tax. Tape items between cereal box cardboard in ordinary unpadded brown envelopes. Never had damaged in transit.
If you come across an uninformed clerk in a postal outlet, insist they follow Canada Post's specs - below - or go to another outlet.
It's a good deal for thin items.

Newmarket, Ontario
MAAC 15048
michaely is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:48 AM   #35
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS16 just need one radio as it does it all but still use my Airtronics SD10.

Total Props: 16

regarding the comment by kip on free shipping from China . That would be included in the price of the item... some sellers do it in Canada on Rccanada. BUT we have to remember that China Post heavily subsidises their export mail to help their export ......some ok stuff and lots of junk. Just go to ebay and see the listings on the stuff we and others use. That's why they are successful in business . Who and how many people in China would be able to buy or have the need for the small stuff they export around the world.. Very few in relation to their population.

As many have complained about the cost of returning defective r/c stuff back to China for repair or replacement being worth more than what was paid. The Chinese know dam well that we won't return it because of our high return mail costs so they never have to worry about warrantee claims and partial reason for cheap sales. Never comes back.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #36
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Cliff S
Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM

Total Props: 13

I just went into Ebay, first time in a couple of weeks. I cancelled all my old searches and started new from the entry list. I got some reasonable searches set up. I still ended up with a lot of junk on a couple of them I do not want.

"If my being here has made your day a little more pleasant then I have done my job" Red Skelton 1913 - 1997 (famous Comedian)
kip51035 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.