Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2004, 10:40 AM   #1
Roger Winger
RCC Apprentice
I am: Roger W

Total Props: 0
Chilliwack 400

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
It looks like we can do some pylon racing in Chilliwack! I've talked to our landowner and club president and they both agree that Speed 400 pylon racing would be a fun event to hold.

I think that it should be run as the Calgary 400 because it has worked so well for them. If one of the Calgary crew (Dave, Roy, Peter) could send me the rules they use that would be appreciated. Maybe a bit of an outline on how to run a race would be good as well.

I would like to set the date 3-4 months from now in order to get the word out and allow people to get an aircraft (or 2) ready.

A couple local fliers have already said they would like to participate. So how about the rest of you guys, give me some feedback if your interested and let's make this happen.

Roger Winger
Roger Winger is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:28 PM   #2
Roger Winger
RCC Apprentice
I am: Roger W

Hey guys

Official date for the first Chilliwack 400 is February 6. So get a racer ready and come join us for some fun. Also these are the rules we intend to use, quite simple with an emphasis on fun.

Fun400 Electric Race Rules

To provide closed circuit pylon racing between individuals from different clubs at a reasonable cost.

This event is intended to be an entry level, low cost, low complexity means of pylon racing. All variety of aircraft are permitted. Once a racer has become more experienced, the racer is encouraged to fly a standard aircraft..

Made of any material, and size. Flying wings such as a Zagi or similar model are also allowed as long as they meet the wing dimensions below.

2.3 WING
The wing area shall be a minimum of 150, this to include the area taken up by the fuselage at the wing root.

There is no restriction on the type of radio control or the number of flying control functions although the class is primarily intended for three functions. A positive means of shutting off the engine must be provided. Either by electronic speed control or by a kill switch.

An A.P.C. 5x5 fixed pitch commercially available two bladed stock manufactured propeller. The propeller cannot be modified in any way except for balancing, where sanding/trimming on one blade only will be allowed. Pusher or conventional tractor setup is allowed.

There is no minimum weight.

A single battery pack of no more than 8 cells is permitted. Cells can be Ni-cad, or Nickel Metal Hydrides, no “zapped cells”. Cell types will be reviewed each year at the year end meeting.

8. Motors
A single speed 400 6volt motor is allowed. Timing modifications allowed. Water break-in allowed. Brushless motors are not allowed.

Not required.

The race course is a three-pole traditional pylon course. Course size is about 60 ft between base pylons and 200 ft from the base pylons to the No.1 pylon. The start line will be in line with the base pylons.

In the event of a mid air collision, all the models involved in the collision will land and receive one point only for that heat.

Although all attempts will be made to collect times, it is not a requirement. If a pilot receives one cut, then a penalty of 15 seconds will be added to the flying time. If a pilot receives two cuts, then he will receive no points for that heat of flying.

Dangerous flying is defined as consistently flying below pylon height, which endangers officials or other competitors. The Starter may give a competitor a warning for low flying. If the competitor continues to fly dangerously, the Starter can assign a cut to the pilot or disqualify him from that heat. The initial warning counts for all following heats, semi finals and finals. At the Starter’s discretion he may disqualify a competitor from the event if he thinks the competitor is continuously flying dangerously and warnings have not been heeded.

For pylon 1, one judge shall be assigned. Pylons 2 and 3 may have judges if help is available, or the starter may act as judge for one or both pylons. The cuts will be reported to the starter at the completion of each race.

Any interpretation of these rules will be at the discretion of the race co-coordinator of the day, who’s decision will be final.

Come on Guys, this is for Fun!!!

MAAC safety procedures and guidelines must be followed at all times. General race procedures as outlined in the MAAC Pylon Race Procedure Guide should be followed as much as possible but may be modified for the purposes of E- racing.
Roger Winger is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:18 AM   #3
RCC Master Contributor

Sounds like a lot of fun.

To bad it out of my driving range.

I think the Kieth rider racers would be a fun entry no?

oilman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.