CC3d tuning/issues - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Multi Rotor Discussion Tri's, Quad's, Hex'as and more. Discuss anything multi-rotor, including multi-rotor stabilization and FPV setups.

Old 10-05-2016, 03:51 PM   #11
Warbird_ace
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Adam S

Total Props: 1
Re: CC3d tuning/issues

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Also, here's the LP forum post about the calculator with some other answers

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:00 PM   #12
Warbird_ace
RCC Expert Contributor

Wow, fail......

https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=333.30
Old 10-06-2016, 09:09 PM   #13
Iv4n
RCC Noob

I am: Ivan S

Total Props: 0

I found very nice videos on youtube on PID tunning (keywords: quadcopter pid tuning). Not only the explanation about each setting but also how to tune them depending on what your symptoms are, specifically for quadcopters. It proved very useful for when I was tuning my quad.

I'm a very graphical/images person, so anything I see sinks better than when I read it.
Iv4n is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-07-2016, 02:17 PM   #14
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbird_ace View Post
In my endless research to find answers to tuning a quad, I've stumbled across a couple links. Called "Tuning PID's the easy way", it apparently takes 2 simple numbers and gives you the rest of your PID settings. I'll be trying it this weekend for sure, but from what I've read it's pretty spot on.

Explanation of how to tune PIDs the easy way.
https://250drones.wordpress.com/cc3d...-using-optune/

2 Different PID calculators. I haven't been able to test them yet, but both have good reviews.
http://cncmodel.altervista.org/blog/...alculator.html
http://www.novaprogrammi.it/lptune/

For interest sake, LibrePilot also has an EasyTune option, here's the link for explanation sake.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wik...ay/LPDOC/TxPID

Hope this helps everyone, I'm looking forward to testing the calculator out and see if it will finally correct my drone issues
Nice! That's going to be handy )

My Aircraft Albums: http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173

Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:50 PM   #15
Warbird_ace
RCC Expert Contributor

I should have posted it earlier, someone made a windows based program as well as an android app. For those occasions where cell/internet service is unavailable.

https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=333.15

scroll down near the bottom for the links

Last edited by Warbird_ace; 10-07-2016 at 05:52 PM. Reason: found link
Warbird_ace is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:11 PM   #16
Iv4n
RCC Noob

I am: Ivan S

Total Props: 0

That's very useful, thanks for sharing!
Iv4n is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:51 PM   #17
Warbird_ace
RCC Expert Contributor

I've finally had a chance to utilize this tool and get my quad all set up.
All I can say, is this really takes the guess work out of setting up all 9 PID values. I had to find a couple more tutorials since there was no user manual with the app. But it's really simple.
This is what I was able to interpret from various forums.

Initially use default setting for the PID numbers (under the Rate values, there should be 9), make note of the Roll & Pitch P values.
Using Librepilot, set up TxPID for "Roll Rate.KP"
Set the bottom adjustment value as the default roll P value. Set the top P value 3 times the bottom value (I learned the hard way, set mine way too high, couldn't get a good number before crashing).
Save.
Go into the PID settings, and zero every other value except Yaw. (Be very careful, will explain later). Save. Disconnect.
TEST FLY IN ATTITUDE MODE!!!!
Power up, bring into a stable hover, and slowly increase the P slider until stable oscillations occur. Land. DON'T TOUCH SLIDER!!!!
Connect, jot down the new P value.
Repeat for pitch.
Plug all into the calculator, and Voila, you get all your settings!

So, the reason I mention care with zeroing all other values, I did this, and my quad freaked out. Got a little oscillation, then shot to the stars, and did a quick roll, before I killed throttle and it crashed to earth. I'm not entirely sure why it does this, my initial thought was because the I's were "0", however if they're not, then it defeats the purpose of finding a UOV (unique oscillation value). I was able to obtain a decent P value before the flip, so all I can say is be extremely careful, and do it outside!!!!

So, to round out this long post, I plugged in the new values, and this thing flies like it's on rails now. No more drift, good solid feel, a little boggy on responsiveness but I can bump those up later on. And all it cost me was 10 mins. Great for beginners looking for a better feel in their machines.

Again, this is my interpretation, it works for me, but I've had a heck of a time finding any decent information, so hopefully this helps someone
Old 03-11-2017, 06:39 PM   #18
Warbird_ace
RCC Expert Contributor

Back at it again, getting ready for flying season.
Last fall I had a particularly rough crash, ended up cooking an esc in the process. Over the winter I purchased a new PDB (with built in BEC's, and OSD). I also recently upgraded all my ESC's to LittleBee 20a's. I'm going through the re-programming phase, and while setting up the motors I can only get 3 to spin. Motor 2 will not spin at all, and even disconnecting the signal wire (from Channel 2 on the FC) will not generate a tone whereas every other wire will generate a tone indicating its receiving a signal. Plug motor 2 into channel 5, I get good tones.
Is it possible to burn out a channel on the FC? I'd like to not have to buy another one.
Also, my vTX is very hot to touch. It's a 12v model, and I always have the antenna attached whenever its powered on.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:37 AM   #19
CHEVPRO
RCC Contributor

I am: Todd n
Radio of choice:
Dx7
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 2

Try lowering your total throttle input at top end. You may have a motor maxing out a lot quicker then the rest.
CHEVPRO is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:34 AM   #20
Warbird_ace
RCC Expert Contributor

I'm programming each channel separately thru LibrePilot. Each one starts up at around the same pulse rate, except this one doesn't start at all. I found it ironic that it also happened to be the same channel that got fried last year. Unless it's pure dumb luck and I got a bung ESC and put it on the same channel. But, I don't really believe in coincidences. I'll try swapping ESC's and different channels to see if I can get it to run.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.