Elecric Heli Pilot in Ottawa - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2004, 05:23 AM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Elecric Heli Pilot in Ottawa

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey fellas I'm new here and I was wondering why there is no froum for elecric helicopters. Is it because they are not popular in Canada?

Anyone flying helis in Ottawa? I have yet to meet another Heli pilot and have been learning solo through the forum at RC-Groups.com and the RealFlight Sim. I have hovering down, and have had my Corona up to 141 feet, but I could use a little guidence in moving into forward flight and nose in hovering, since I am making slow progress on my own.

I once contacted the ORCC , asking if there were any member heli pilots and would it be OK for me to come out to the field to meet and greet, and learn about the activities of the club. The only response I got was a membership application pdf attached to an email without comment. Just an invoice without so much as a "thanks for asking". Really turned me off.

Anyway, enough about that, I'd still like to meet some heli pilots.
Kilroy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:56 AM   #2
ken park
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ken Park

Total Props: 7
Sorry that happened!

Sorry that been your experience with the ORCC! so far!

The ORCC is a very large club that is extremely fragmented into little groups and we all fly in about 3-5 different locations. The power guys have a field the Electric/Glider guys have their own field also and I believe now the Chopper guys have found a different area to fly in.

The best thing you should do is go to the ORCC web sight and contact the person who is listed on the Contacts button - which list the Exc position for Helicopters

Do! come on out for our next Clubs monthly meeting and introduce yourself - You will find you will get a round of applause for doing so! Club meetings are the first Tuesday of the month / location and times listed on the web sight! - You might change your mind after that I hope.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	smallgroup2004.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	4765  
ken park is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:56 PM   #3
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Rob C

Re: Elecric Heli Pilot in Ottawa

Originally Posted by Kilroy
Hey fellas I'm new here and I was wondering why there is no froum for elecric helicopters.
Ya. Why is that? Are we second class citizens or something? Are we not worthy? Do we put our socks on the wrong foot first?

Too bad you aren't in the Hamilton area. We have some guys with electric helis who would only be too happy to give you a hand.

rscamp is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:29 PM   #4
RCC Noob

Hehehe I was not implying we are second class, any heli pilot knows they are much more challenging than planks
Just hard to find threads about them.

As for the ORCC, I'll look at it in the spring again. I am sure I simply caught whomever gets emails on a busy day. I just did not want to head out to the field as a stranger just hoping to find someone firing up a Logo. I thought it'd be best to be sure someone would be there. I am certain the benefits of joining would be plenty, but my heli is small and virtually silent so I don't really need a formal flying field. I just fly it in the neigborhod park. Nobody ever complains. The neighbours come out to watch. I only go there when it's empty, and the ony people there when I finish are people who stopped to watch. Only once have I had to pack it in when the kids showed up to play ball.
Kilroy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.