RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2004, 07:26 PM   #1
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Colin B
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 8

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I thought I'd let you all know about my experience with 3D-Foamy.com

Their planes don't look to bad, and the free plans are nice, however I feel a little disappointed with them.

A while back there was an offer made by Levi to anyone under 16. You would receive a free plane if you did a small review along with building and flying pictures. It sounded very fair to me, and many others. I exchanged e-mails with Levi, who seems like a nice guy and at the time trustworthy. I ordered my plane assuring him he would get a good, long (and fair) review. All went smoothly....until about 4 months later when I turned 16 and sent him off an e-mail asking politely if the plane would still be coming. I have yet to get an e-mail back.

What annoys me is that 3DF (Levi) made a deal and never honored his half. If such a deal was never offered, or it was only for certain people it wouldn’t bother me. If I wasn't going to get a plane I should have been informed right off the start. I think one should at least have the courtesy to replay to an e-mail reasoning out why the planes are not set out. Maybe he got too many offers and could not afford to ship out so many planes. If he had of told me what was wrong I would have respected that....no problem there. It just bugs me that 3DF has backed out of the deal, I know a few others with the same feelings. I for one will stick with other companies, unless something is done and a reason is given to those that are not getting the planes that were promised.

No big deal, I've got 2 shock fliers now that fly great, and have built the 3DF Cap (which was nice, but not as good as the shock flier) I may build some more 3DF planes later but for now these shock fliers are rockin'

Align R/C, OS Engines, Futaba, Great Hobbies, Hatori, SGP, Morgan Fuels, Castle Creations
Colin is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.