What's up with US/Canada Airmail these days? - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2004, 11:37 AM   #31
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Here is the recent Canada Customs issue I'm dealing with

Ron, yup, it has struck a chord, thanks to canada customs I'm losing customers. Most people tend to get a little turned off when their $4000 guitar is stuck in some warehouse being opened up and inspected and 4 or 5 weeks passes and nobody can tell them where it is.........

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:53 AM   #32
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
You have my sympathy.

I was just trying to cheer you up a bit!
Ron Mattiuz

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:04 AM   #33
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Bob D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 12FG
# of RCs: 1+

OK this was just announced. Things are starting to get out of hand with this but a sign of the times I guess

Why Grandma's card hasn't come

Canada Post toughens its address rules
Affects all incoming international mail

A birthday card addressed simply to "Grandma" won't make it across the border now that Canada Post is enforcing stringent new rules on incoming international mail.

From now on, her full name and address must be clearly spelled out and printed in ink.

Citing security concerns, Canada Post is insisting that all mail from abroad must bear the complete name and address of both sender and recipient or it won't be allowed in Canada.

Canada Post spokesperson John Caines said the postal service has increased its vigilance in screening incoming mail to enforce rules adopted by Canada Customs since June.

The U.S. postal service is telling its clerks that new addressing requirements on all mail to Canada must be met.

U.S. postal service spokesperson Gerry McKiernan said, "Some of these requirements include filling in the complete name of sender, including a middle initial. ... Mail addressed to `Grandma' and `Aunt June' for instance will probably be returned."
Bob D.
Ajax RC Club
Indoor Aero-Choppers
Member of MAAC since I joined

Lighten Up, Life is waaaaaayyyy too short
Nuker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:59 PM   #34
Cecil Marshall
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Cecil M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 1
Canadian Customs

I just came across the boarder 2 hours ago with a WH Edge 540T.
No"picketers", No "line-ups",No "waiting" and no "hassles"...I paid the GST and PST at $1.2519 exchange rate. They didn't want to see the "kit" and they never even looked in my truck...
I asked the "cashier" how negotiations were going and she said they had an "offer on the table" but hadn't "voted on it yet".
The plane was shipped from Texas by UPS ground service and arrived in "Sault Michigan" 4 days later.. After hearing some of the "horror stories" about UPS and the damage to Steve Dews plane (same Co. same drop-off point), I did a thorough inspection of the plane before leaving the premesis.
There were a few scrapes on the box and one puncture that occured at a vacant spot in the box but there was no damage whatsoever to the plane parts..I guess I got lucky...Oh ya,shipping was $39.95 USD...I think they should have "double boxed it" for safety though!

I guess living on a "boarder town does have its advantages.
MAAC #11945L
IMAC #3709
Instructor Soo Modellers
Cecil Marshall is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:09 PM   #35
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Randy Brown

I must have got lucky

I had my 36% Katana come all the way from Co. and UPS did a great job and didn;t damage any of the 3 boxs and I was realy impressed because there was realy not that much room for error with this monster in boxs

Only if the Rudder wasn't damaged when it was leaving China..LOL

Randy Brown
MAAC 45752L
Team Airtronics
Randy Brown is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:12 PM   #36
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Derek Blackadder

As it happens, the slow mail is due to new cross-border security regulations. A much higher percentage of packages are being held and opened, and Canada Post is now declining to accept any mail, letters or packages, that do not have a complete address and a complete return address.

Good luck to the PSAC folks!
Derek Blackadder
Cobourg, ON
DBlackadder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:10 AM   #37
RCC Apprentice

Originally Posted by Randy Brown
Disagree as much as you want..you got lucky. There warning you right on the news about it.. read above others heard the same

Originally Posted by Hydroid
Originally Posted by Randy Brown
And to top it off, if anything is coming from Over Seas its going to be delayed at customs for a extra 5 weeks
Have to disagree with that one....

Just ordered some R/C stuff from a guy in England on the 11th of October and received it day before yesterday, the 18th - 7 days - That's FAST IMHO.

And it WAS opened and inspected by Customs....
Well Randy,

I must be living right or just, as you say, really lucky....

Got my tower hobbies order, placed 15 days ago, yesterday... Two weeks to the day - And again, opened and inspected by customs..

I better buy a 649 ticket while it lasts..
Regards, John.
MAAC 33776.
My planes gotta be up there somewhere....
Hydroid is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.