Peak model MXS-R 30-35cc build - Page 7 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
ARF / ARC Aircraft Discuss anything and everything ARF or ARC related.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2016, 10:39 PM   #61
akabek
RCC Expert Contributor
 
akabek's Avatar
 
I am: Rick B
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keswick, ON
Radio of choice:
Graupner MZ-24

Feedback: 31 / 100%
Posts: 785
Total Props: 0
Re: Peak model MXS-R 30-35cc build


       Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey Yvan, have you flow the Goldwing Slick? How do you like it?
akabek is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:23 AM   #62
popsy
RCC Contributor
 
I am: Yvan D
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Terrebonne Quebec
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 5

Feedback: 0 / 0%
Posts: 307
Total Props: 2
Re: Peak model MXS-R 30-35cc build

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabek View Post
Hey Yvan, have you flow the Goldwing Slick? How do you like it?
Akabek , yes i did . about 20 flights on it. I stored it now as a back up plane just because its brand new DLE 30 on it would only start on choke en then would stop running after an open choke DEAD STICK.. I did pulled all of the electronics and started building the other Slick from Flight Model, this one will be on an EME 35. I sure know that the DLE 30 has a reed valve problem and carb as well. The nipple on the carb wasn't sitting well, and came out loose !!! I just didn't felt like putting the effort on it, so i sold the thing. As far as the GW Slick ARF brand, it's ok, not more. So far i think that the Flight Model version is way a better built, hardware etc... If you need the CG on it just let me know. Kind Regards.
popsy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:36 AM   #63
popsy
RCC Contributor
 
I am: Yvan D
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Terrebonne Quebec
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 5

Feedback: 0 / 0%
Posts: 307
Total Props: 2
Re: Peak model MXS-R 30-35cc build

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsy View Post
Akabek , yes i did . about 20 flights on it. I stored it now as a back up plane just because its brand new DLE 30 on it would only start on choke en then would stop running after an open choke DEAD STICK.. I did pulled all of the electronics and started building the other Slick from Flight Model, this one will be on an EME 35. I sure know that the DLE 30 has a reed valve problem and carb as well. The nipple on the carb wasn't sitting well, and came out loose !!! I just didn't felt like putting the effort on it, so i sold the thing. As far as the GW Slick ARF brand, it's ok, not more. So far i think that the Flight Model version is way a better built, hardware etc... If you need the CG on it just let me know. Kind Regards.
Akabek, as you can see on the pics, it is sitting on my basement floor...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160720_053229.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	739.2 KB
ID:	1010737   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160720_053240.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	764.4 KB
ID:	1010745  
popsy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:48 AM   #64
akabek
RCC Expert Contributor
 
akabek's Avatar
 
I am: Rick B
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keswick, ON
Radio of choice:
Graupner MZ-24

Feedback: 31 / 100%
Posts: 785
Total Props: 0
Re: Peak model MXS-R 30-35cc build

I have had 3 EME engines and all of them are great engines. My GW Slick has the EME35. I am going to try a Eagle 3A gyro on the plane soon to see how it behaves.
akabek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:19 PM   #65
popsy
RCC Contributor
 
I am: Yvan D
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Terrebonne Quebec
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 5

Feedback: 0 / 0%
Posts: 307
Total Props: 2
Re: Peak model MXS-R 30-35cc build

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabek View Post
I have had 3 EME engines and all of them are great engines. My GW Slick has the EME35. I am going to try a Eagle 3A gyro on the plane soon to see how it behaves.
Cool kool... but why a Gyro ?? not for 3D i sure hope !!
popsy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:23 PM   #66
akabek
RCC Expert Contributor
 
akabek's Avatar
 
I am: Rick B
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keswick, ON
Radio of choice:
Graupner MZ-24

Feedback: 31 / 100%
Posts: 785
Total Props: 0
Re: Peak model MXS-R 30-35cc build

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsy View Post
Cool kool... but why a Gyro ?? not for 3D i sure hope !!
Absolutely for 3D. The gyro helps for those windy days

Keep in mind you can adjust how much assistance you want from a gyro. It is not only to stabilize a plane when learning to fly. While most stay home on a windy day with a gyro it will stabilize a plane in the wind and assist with take offs and landings. You can also set it up on a switch to change modes and turn it off if you choose. Don't knock it until you try it.

Last edited by akabek; 07-21-2016 at 09:01 AM.
akabek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Location
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
vBulletin Message

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.