Hangar 9 Cherokee - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
ARF / ARC Aircraft Discuss anything and everything ARF or ARC related.

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2004, 05:34 PM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Hangar 9 Cherokee

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Has anyone had any experience with the Hangar 9 Cherokee. A friend of mine is interested in it as a second plane. Thanks for any feed back.
Frieb is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:39 PM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor

H9 Cherokee

I've never flown one, but I work at our LHS and have seen the ARF up close; from what I saw it was a well built kit.

I also have no doubts that it would be a great 2nd plane !

-Learn from the mistakes of others.
(You don't have enough money to make them all yourself.)
pherchris is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:11 AM   #3
RCC Apprentice

H9 Cherokee..

Good points: It looks great, its a great flying plane and decent size. Bad points: The fusleage is made of thin foam which is pretty much impossible to repair if it hits anything. The covering tends to sag bad if you live in hotter states such as Texas. The stopper has to be replaced for the fuel tank. The end is made of soft rubber which can't be tightened down enough to seal off the tank. The cowl is made of paper thin plastic. You will need to reinforce the inside with fiberglass. Other than that the plane flys well and is pretty fast at throttle. Lands slow at idle.
Sometimes your plane catches the wind. Sometimes the wind catches your plane!
Fastsky is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:18 PM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Chris R

Total Props: 1
Wow! I was just going to say that I have the H9 T-34 Mentor. Great plane, flies nice, with do most aerobatic manuvers, well built, fibreglass cowl and stinger fairing. Flies well with my SAito 56. I figured the Cherokee must be the same, since its from H9!! I guess FAstsky proves my thinking wrong. Musta been made at a different Chinese factory!! Maybe you should tell your friend about the T-34!

Chris Rebidoux
Gravity works. I've tested it......often!!!
Building: Jerry Bates 1/4 Chipmunk
Vancouver Vanguard 1/6 Fairey Firefly
planecrazy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:26 AM   #5
RCC Apprentice

H9 Cherokee, part of the "Value Series" line ...

The words to watch for on the H9 kits is "Value Series". If it says that for the disrecption or on the box then that means it has the foam sided fuselage instead of balsa.
Sometimes your plane catches the wind. Sometimes the wind catches your plane!
Fastsky is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:00 AM   #6
wise guy
RCC Junior Contributor

Hanger 9 Cherokee

Hanger 9 Cherokee value series has a lot of undesirable items that I did not like about it like the small wheels and wheel pants that will not work on a grass runway. The covering is a mack tac material which sags in the sun it is panted and hard to replace in a repair. The top of the fuselage is made of formed plastic and after twenty flights has stress cracks around the canopy. The wing did not fit to the body wit 1/4 gap so I had to redrill the dowel holes to make it fit right. The plane flies like a trainer and looks great in the air. Hanger 9 always made good arf but they slipped on their value series
Wise Guy
Sun Parlor R/C club
Windsor Ont
wise guy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:15 AM   #7
Bob Byrnes
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Robert B

Total Props: 1
I had one too. The cowl was the poorest part to me. The one I had flew really well and looked great. I saw them in the Tower Hobbies magazine at $99.00 U.S. Funds. I think that's hard to beat for a nice looking good flying airplane. I gave mine away to another hobbyist and he flew it for a season. My attitude has always been that we don't want these things to last forever so...........for the low price I say reasonable value. Mine flew great on a Thunder Tiger .46. Just my .02 cents worth.
Bob Byrnes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.