Stratford, Ontario area FPV flyers? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Multi Rotor Discussion Tri's, Quad's, Hex'as and more. Discuss anything multi-rotor, including multi-rotor stabilization and FPV setups.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:35 PM   #1
Carlyle
RCC Contributor

I am: carlyle anderson

Total Props: 0
Stratford, Ontario area FPV flyers?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I've been flying RC for longer then I care to admit, but have recently got into FPV flying. It seems many of the people flying FPV have never flown RC before, so I'm wondering if there is anyone in my area that flys? It would be nice to get together with some people rather than flying in my back yard only! Here's a video of my most recent flight today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRlu168B7Gg

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:12 PM   #2
Iv4n
RCC Noob

I am: Ivan S

Re: Stratford, Ontario area FPV flyers?

That's some nice flying and is that your backyard? Those don't exist around where I live unless you are billionaire perhaps. I enjoyed your video, thanks for sharing and sorry for not being around Stratford to share some flying.
Iv4n is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #3
uberjay
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Jason U
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 9

Nice flying Carlyle. Yeah, there is a registered MAAC RC club in the Stratford area, but I don't know if you're looking for that. It sounds more like you're looking for some FPV / quad guys to go hang out and fly somewhere. Right?

I know a guy who lives in the Stratford area who's into multi's and dabbling in FPV too.... sounds like he might be at a similar stage, but not sure what his flying skills on quads is.

Anyway... if you want to PM me your email address / phone # I can pass it on to him. His name's Eric.

Cheers,
J
uberjay is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:18 AM   #4
eball
RCC Apprentice

I am: Eric B
Radio of choice:
Robbe F14

Thanks Jason

Carlyle has been in our club for years.

I am close to having my tiny whoop going but at the moment have not vomited a budget to a fpv racer which I would really like to do.

Probably a hmb235 by multi rc or rc explorer baby tricopter

Right now I'm flying off a computer screen so I will have to see what the swap meet brings.

Carlyle bring your stuff out to the meeting next thur might spark some interest, I know terry has all the bits but not quite got them together. Or come down to London on Friday for the indoor I hear mini gates are starting to come together

Eric
eball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:28 AM   #5
uberjay
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Jason U
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8

Total Props: 9

Ha... didn't want to just spew your details all over Eric ... or assume that you guys did or did not know each other.

Yes, Carlyle.... you're more than welcome to the London indoor that I run. Eric can let you know when and where. Tonight is a go though I won't be there. I think next week is also a go. (brain is still waking up ).

Anyway.... good luck.

Oh, and Eric... I'd check out some reviews on the HMB235 before going that route. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's as good as it looks. The rc explorer tricopter though.... that's one that I'd want .

Cheers,
J
uberjay is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:26 PM   #6
Carlyle
RCC Contributor

Just seen that there was some activity going on in this thread! Yes Eric, I need to bring a quad or two to a meeting one of these months. Thursdays have been a hard night for me to get out with the schedule around our place - Having a kid will do that to you!
Old 12-14-2016, 06:39 PM   #7
dbessey
RCC Noob

I am: Darren B
# of RCs: 1

Hi Carlyle:

My son is getting into FPV on the racing drones...or trying to. He owns a phantom 2 and some small indoor drones. The phantom has gimbal, gopro and 7" screen. He would like something faster now....

We live nearby (Listowel) and would love to come out and fly in stratford when the weather turns. Till then I was hoping we could pick your brain for info on which radio and goggles you like etc.

Hope to hear back from you

Darren
dbessey is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:22 PM   #8
Carlyle
RCC Contributor

Hello Darren,

Of course I can help! I don't get on RCCanada too much anymore, but you or your son could contact me via email or calling me. Please PM me and I will give you my number and email address.

It always depends on how much you want to spend really, but the hands down winner for goggles is the Quanum DIY's from hobbyking for the goggles, and the FrSky Taranis for the radio. Cheaper radios are available, however, this is by far the best value radio I've seen in the last 15 years I've been flying.

Any other questions or if you'd like to get a sneak peak at what you're going to have to build, give me a email or call. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:58 PM   #9
eball
RCC Apprentice

I am: Eric B
Radio of choice:
Robbe F14

I picked up a set of the quanum goggles at the swap meet for $40 and am happy with them.

At the moment I am flying micro fpv quads built with a micro scisky board and small brushed motors. There are a bunch of us who fly indoor quads and planes in London on Friday nights and a handful of us are flying micro fpv. You can build your own set up or buy it pomade from horizion.

Friday night flying is at bonaventure public school 6 to 10 on Fridays contact uberjay for more info and the mailing list
eball is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.