2018 Team Canada Worlds Selection Guide - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Old 06-28-2016, 08:06 PM   #1
APicard
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Adam Picard
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
2018 Team Canada Worlds Selection Guide

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well here it is folks!!!! The 2018 World Selection Requirements.

You will find a PDF file attached to this post for you to keep a copy on your PC.

2018 IMAC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
TEAM CANADA QUALIFICATION

The qualification process for the 2018 IMAC World Championship Canadian Team is as described below. Canada, and all other participating countries, may field a team of up to 36 pilots, 9 pilots maximum in each class, (Sportsman – Unlimited) in the 2018 World Championship. Although Team Canada will only be sending a Team of 19 (16 Pilots plus 2 Captains who will also fly but are not part of the main 16 Pilots and the Team Manager*). Those wishing to qualify for the Canadian Team must be current MAAC and IMAC members as of April 1, 2016.

1) In order for a pilot to qualify for the Worlds Team they must have competed in at least three (3) contests as an IMAC member between January 1, 2016 and September 30, 2017. * *

2) Each pilot is to submit the score sheet for the contest they flew in to the Canadian Team Selection Committee for Tracking and Point Allotment. 3) Points will be allotted based on the IMAC IRPS system* * *. http://www.mini-iac.org/portals/0/do...87bc735ddd.pdf

4) The top 4 pilots from each class will be selected for the 2018 Team after October 1st, 2017. * * * *

The Competition Qualifying Season will begin on January 1st, 2016 and end on September 30th, 2017. If that person is not available to attend the 2018 Worlds, the Selection Committee will work down through the remaining pilots in order they placed to fill the team.

Vacancies: Should a vacant spot be available the Selection Committee will fill the Class spot with either a) a pilot that has competed in an Invitational event (Unlimited Class Vacancies) b) Vacant spots will be allocated to other classes that have pilots who would perform well in the Teams favour at a Worlds event.

Notes: For a contest to count towards a Pilots Qualifying score the contest must abide by the IMAC Contest Standards. (See link Below) http://www.mini-iac.org/portals/0/do...f1710fe3d8.pdf

Notifications: All qualifying pilots will be contacted by email by the designated 2018 Canadian Worlds Team Manager no later than January 1, 2018. If a qualifying pilot does not confirm to attend the 2018 IMAC World Championship within 60 days of being given notice, the next pilot in line from the class having the vacancy will be given the notice of opportunity to enter to compete provided they are still in compliance with all qualification rules.

Sub Notes:

* Team Manager Must still qualify if he wishes to compete at the Worlds otherwise he will just fill the team Management Position.

* * An exemption may be given to this rule for Unlimited / Advanced Class Pilots if said pilots fly in other invitational / international events that prevent them from attending regular contests. (ie. Tucson Aerobatic Shoot out, XFC, Clover Creek) This exemption is in place as it may be difficult to field Pilots in these classes.

* * * A modification to this rule will be made to allow any contests flown in any region rather than only 2 out of region Contests.

* * * * There may be an exception made to this rule if all classes are filled and there is a close match between 2 pilots. The Team Captains and Team Manager will look at this and add another pilot to a class if they feel it would be in the Team’s best Interest.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2018 IMAC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.pdf (49.6 KB, 44 views)
President: KWFD 2016 / SA Chair: 2016 Season
APicard is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:08 PM   #2
Billpilotca
Level 2 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Bill T
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Total Props: 7
Re: 2018 Team Canada Worlds Selection Guide

Thanks for your hard work Adam. Might be worth mentioning that this was put together by Adam in discussion with the SA committee members so there was considerable consultation. Be interested to hear any comments but I think this provides a solid foundation to move forward.
Assistant RD NCFR Ontario
NCFR Judging Instructor
Murphy's Law #4 - If you fool around with a thing long enough it will break.
Billpilotca is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:47 PM   #3
APicard
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Adam Picard
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0

The Email address for Team selection is now LIVE.

Please submit all required info and score submissions to:

IMAC_Canada_Selections@outlook.com

Good luck everyone and HAPPY FLYING
President: KWFD 2016 / SA Chair: 2016 Season
APicard is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:03 AM   #4
steven r
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Steven Ruxton
Radio of choice:
Futaba 14MZ
# of RCs: 8+

Total Props: 2

Thanks to Adam and the other members of the SA committee for getting this organized.
steven r is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:12 AM   #5
BMG
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Brendan G.
Radio of choice:
18MZ
# of RCs: 1.5

Total Props: 3

Well, after a few technical log in issues, I am back.

For those who don't already know, I have volunteered to manage the Sportsman and Intermediate teams at the 2018 event.

From experience at the 2014 event, I saw room for improving how things ran on the lines for us. If you are wondering about the dual managers, the reason is the distance between the two flight lines used in Muncie. There was a couple of Kilometers between the Sportsman / Intermediate line and the Advanced / Unlimited line. Poor Ivan Kristensen was run ragged going back and forth between them, but still did a great job of keeping things organized.

My role will be to help with the selection process, standardize calling techniques, schedule spotters and callers throughout the event and help out where possible with the dreaded unknowns.

There has already been some discussion about the pilot cap for each class but if we see the commitment, I am sure there is some room for adjustment here as the goal is to send the strongest team possible to represent Canada.

Please PM me if you are thinking of competing and I will start the points tracking process.

Any questions relating to sportsman and Intermediate, please send them my way.

Brendan

IMAC Team Canada 2014
Coach Team Canada 2018
BMG is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:58 AM   #6
BMG
RCC Senior Contributor

Radio of choice:
18MZ

So far we have a team consisting of one pilot in sportsman. He is quite good and I am expecting a great finish both as an individual and for team Canada.

This will definitely make my coaching job very easy.

Come on folks, I need to know your intentions even if only a possibility or bucket list fleeting thought. Your name on the list is not a commitment.

I will keep the list names confidential if you like so you don't have to announce your intentions publicly. All I need is a list of names so I can track points. After December, it is very hard if not impossible to get the individual contest points for the current year. They may be archived but I would prefer not to have to dig for them.

Brendan

IMAC Team Canada 2014
Coach Team Canada 2018
Old 09-08-2016, 03:21 PM   #7
Billpilotca
Level 2 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Bill T
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Total Props: 7

Hi Brendan - at this point I am committed to Wayne Matthews to be in the judging chair and expect that will continue.

Have been out a few times in the past few weeks flying the Advanced sequence, which at this point looks more like "guess the maneuver", except for the roller which is more like "get a hard hat and run for cover".

Come on guys - if there is any possibility that you want to be part of the team you need to let Brendan know. As he said at this point it is not a commitment but we need to get the process going.
Assistant RD NCFR Ontario
NCFR Judging Instructor
Murphy's Law #4 - If you fool around with a thing long enough it will break.
Billpilotca is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:41 PM   #8
steven r
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Steven Ruxton
Radio of choice:
Futaba 14MZ
# of RCs: 8+

Total Props: 2

At least I'll know everybody on the team
steven r is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:40 PM   #9
BMG
RCC Senior Contributor

Radio of choice:
18MZ

Advanced Bill, YIKES.

Have you seen some of the unknowns?

IMAC Team Canada 2014
Coach Team Canada 2018
Old 09-08-2016, 06:43 PM   #10
BMG
RCC Senior Contributor

Radio of choice:
18MZ

Steve:

I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag but you currently are the team.

No pressure here but .......... ALL OF CANADA WILL BE WATCHING YOUR PERFORMANCE.

IMAC Team Canada 2014
Coach Team Canada 2018

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.