Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Grant M
Radio of choice:
JR 9303 2.4,TACTIC TX650 2.4.
# of RCs: 200

Total Props: 13
Parkzone Sukhoi

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello fellow modellers' has anyone bought the Parkzone Sukhoi, What is it like to fly
is it worth the money, Tell me good points and the bad points please I am looking for electric plane that I can go to the field after 5pm and fly and some fun that use 3 cell 11.1v 1800 to 2200 Lipo Battery's
Thank You
Grant Mackay
MAAC #73350
1994 Silverado 4x4 Truck mint
2012 Mitsubishi Outlander 4x4
Gee Bee
And the love of my life my Wife.
GMACKAY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:34 AM   #2
Eye Can Fly
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Brent S
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 10
Re: Parkzone Sukhoi

My kid had one. I flew it a few times, and you'd want to be fairly good on the sticks. It is very agile and will fly like a bullet if you want. If I recall correctly you had to keep the speed up on landing.

I don't remember it having any bad habits and replicates what the real thing would do. But like I said, it flies best under the guidance of a seasoned pilot.

Wish I could be more help, it has been a while since I flew one. I do remember thinking that flying it was about as much fun as you could have with your clothes on!
Eye Can Fly is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:46 PM   #3
RCC Contributor
I am: Chuck B

Total Props: 5

Hi Grant

I recently bought one (Tuesday) and have took it out Wednesday for the madian flight.

it was a bit windy and difficult to trip and I almost lost it on the first take off. why I did not fully read and follow the instructions, I took it off in stagility mode with high rates. in this mode the aileron travel is extreme and if the sticks do not move for 1 or 2 seconds the aircraft goes into panic mode and auto levels. I then went to the next mode, which is the AS3X 3d mode with was flyable but the wings were constantly wagging, flew 2 batteries through it and was not impressed I thought the wing wagging was from it being to windy for the AS3X and I figured I had something wrong, I could not fly straight in a constant climb without it wanting to go into what it thinks is level, or if I turned it would do the same thing as if I pressed the panic button

went home a bit disappointed, the plane still in one piece. landed great in the wind.

Read the manual and the RC group threads particularly the posts from the designer, took it out today, I followed the instructions take off in performance mode low rates the thing is a dream to fly, it will hover in this mode but not as good as it does in the other modes.

I flew 6 batteries through it today and wish I brought my charger to the field. trimming it is a pain because you trim it then it needs to have no inputs for 2 seconds to remember the trim, so my first flight today was a trim flight I flew it landed guess on the trim inputs waited 2seconds and flew it again until I got it, it took about 4 of these trim circuits for me to be happy with it in need a tough of up and right trim.

The panic works great although it puts mine in a bit of a dive. but atleast it goes level and upright, I am no 3d pilot but in 3d mode I could hover it pretty well and with time will get better at it, in the Precision mode it will also hover and performs really well in my opinion. my last battery I took off in precision mode with low rates and did one battery just flying around about half throttle and really enjoyed this plane and therefore it is not in the classifieds section. Upside down flight in this mode wasn't bad needed a bit of down elevator I can guess that in a different mode the as3x would help with this.

To land it likes a bit of power and I think in Precision mode it could use a little but more up elevator but I did manage to do some nice landings as well as some rather hard landings. takeoff in high rates is not recommended with the aileron throws any small movement and it banks like crazy which is cool in the air but not at a few feet off the ground trying to correct for a drift, or out of trim aircraft. the plane had no problems ground handling on the grass field at the club.

I do not know how you would rate my skill level I am not a real aerobatic pilot I have been flying on and off for years. I fly my Eflite Corsair 1.2M a lot, both planes are still in one piece with only abit of minor damage from rough field landings so maybe I am a bit past a beginner....

that's My thoughts if you need anything cleared up please ask, just remember take off performance mode low rates. I'm using a DX8
cman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:28 PM   #4
RCC Apprentice
I am: Warren G
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX6
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0

I bought the Park Zone Visionaire a few years ago and an very happy with it. It flies 3D very well although I too am note skilled in this area. It flies much slower and will land and take off at very low speeds. It will turn on a dime and get you out of trouble very quickly! Two of the more seasoned guys in my club have the Visionaire and recommended it to me when progressing up to a better plane.

The Sukhoi will certainly be a fast bird but not as agile.
cast-away is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.