REMEMBERANCE DAY CELEBRATIONS - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2004, 06:42 PM   #1
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Ian G

Total Props: 1

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just a quick question and this may be better suited in the scale section.
Have any of you're guys clubs ever been asked to partake in supplying scale models for indoor celebrations of REMEMBERANCE DAY?
I ask this as with so many getting to that part of their lives that the elements are to hard on them and the cerimonies moving indoors,have any of us been asked to partake or even offered too? I know we haven't in our club and I've been thinking that maybe it's about time we did.Although not ready for this year here next year we will be.That includes the newer veterns as well.
Just something to think about!
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
IAN GUNN is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:54 PM   #2
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Terry L

Total Props: 6
Good move.

Decades ago, our group used to do what we could to participate in Nov 11 by displaying or flying models, and the Legion reciprocated by backing us for flying site applications etc. This is a relationship that is/has been ignored by clubs regardless of the obvious symbiotic benefits: the younger members get a better idea of what they are building,and the old Legion members seem far more willing to help, partly by adding some real history to the display aircraft. Sometimes this relationship requires "special" handling, but the effort always paid off for both parties in the end.

Try it, guys, you'll really enjoy it!
TLyttle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:24 AM   #3
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
I've always wanted to build a Catalina to honour the memory of "The Savour of Ceylon" Air Commodore Birchall who past away recently. While I was in the military I served with 413 SQN which he was the Honoary Commanding Officer. He was a inspiration to us.

My funniest memory of him was 3 of us were driving on the 401 to Kingston,Ont for a course and we happen to pass him on the highway. He was driving a JAG. We waved to him as we passed him and he recognized us from 413 Sqn. We all pulled over at the next coffee stop and he filled us up with donuts, coffee and stories. What a great man.

One of my future projects is to build a Catalina in 413 sqn colours that Air Commodore Birchall flew during the War.

Lest We Forget

Mike Sebastien
airframe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:09 PM   #4
wise guy
RCC Junior Contributor

November the 11th

On remembrence day I go to the field and fly a strefing run down the landing strip then I climb then do a Victory roll as token of thanks to the men who lost their lives in war. Guss we can never be thankfull enough for the freedom that they gave to us. Lets remember also our peace keepers across the world and if you see a vetren say thanks.
Wise Guy
Sun Parlor R/C club
Windsor Ont
wise guy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:52 PM   #5
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Ray M

For some years now the Provincial Museum at Victoria B.C. has put on a special display of warbirds from the Victoria R/C Modellers Society. The club has staff on duty to answer questions and the display is very well received by the public.
Ray McDougall, Victoria
See my models at:
Raymac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:39 PM   #6
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Ian G

Total Props: 1

Tomorrow,I'll be at the cerimonies at the Moncton colousium then after,I'll be heading to the Royal Canadian Legion in Peticodiac.I hear they have an interesting museum on the second floor with 4,000 plus military artifacts housed there.I'm hoping to not only get some pictures but chat with veterns form all conflicts if possible.
It's my way of saying thank you.
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
IAN GUNN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.