General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related
Sponsored by: Shami Hobbies

Old 07-10-2016, 11:13 PM   #21
Mike Sebastien
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike s

Total Props: 10
Re: LHS staff

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Personal attacks will not be permitted throughout the forum, however, there may be 'slack' with regards
to the rules if your forum is equipped with a 'beef' or unmoderated type section. Unmoderated type
sections however do not null some global rules with regards to personal attacks such as:

racial remarks

character assault (claiming people are rapists)

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:26 PM   #22
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: MERVIN BURKINSHAW
Radio of choice:
HITEC
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 59

No Bill I am fine with the thread being left as is, this is a place to express our opinions and Mike has expressed his, I respect that. I don't agree but that is fine, life would be pretty dull and no one would think for themselves if we didn't differ in opinion.

Frank, if the printing is too small in the photo in post #3, I will be glad to re-post it. It's on the back of every Dubro spinner nut package too.

Last edited by OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK; 07-10-2016 at 11:35 PM.
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:33 AM   #23
Arceenut
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Roy H
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sebastien View Post
Personal attacks will not be permitted throughout the forum, however, there may be 'slack' with regards
to the rules if your forum is equipped with a 'beef' or unmoderated type section. Unmoderated type
sections however do not null some global rules with regards to personal attacks such as:

racial remarks

character assault claiming people are rapists)/
???What did rapists and racial remarks have to do with this thread???

I am fine with this thread. If I had a similar experience, I would also warn others to not deal with this person. As stated, the rest of the establishment is fine. Maybe the store owner is unaware?? Maybe the store owner/manager should be alerted. In this day if internet shopping, a LHS should do everything in its power to not alienate the local customers.

Mike Are you a sales person?
Old 07-11-2016, 01:43 AM   #24
4*60
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Dennis M
Radio of choice:
Taranis

Total Props: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bair View Post
Ummmm...

Frank....

I believe you will find that information in post #3
No reference to FG11 though. I don't expect a guy to know it all of course but in working in that environment he might take a little interest in learning and pick up a few pointers. I do find that a lot of people define working as being "present" as opposed to actually using their brain and trying to learn.
Someone who is trying impresses me.

As far as personal attacks. Are we at the point where during a performance review we take the most incompetent person, pat them on the back and give them a raise because otherwise we might hurt their feelings or be sued. If so I am glad I am getting old and my heart bypass warranty is running out.
4*60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:43 AM   #25
Mike Sebastien
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceenut View Post
???What did rapists and racial remarks have to do with this thread???

I am fine with this thread. If I had a similar experience, I would also warn others to not deal with this person. As stated, the rest of the establishment is fine. Maybe the store owner is unaware?? Maybe the store owner/manager should be alerted. In this day if internet shopping, a LHS should do everything in its power to not alienate the local customers.

Mike Are you a sales person?
I copied it from RCC rules.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:48 AM   #26
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: MERVIN BURKINSHAW
Radio of choice:
HITEC
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
No reference to FG11 though.
It comes under the: Saito .65 - 90 4s, the FG11 is a .66, I wouldn't have expected him to know that but I had done the math previously and would have picked up on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
Are we at the point where during a performance review we take the most incompetent person, pat them on the back and give them a raise because otherwise we might hurt their feelings or be sued.
Or move them into upper management!

It gets worse than that, a year and a half ago our shop hired a kid fresh out of high school, he tended to only show up for work when the spirit moved him. When payday came and he was short a few days wages he went into a rant on how unfair that was and "you can't do that to me"! Well, he got moved on out of there!

That is the result of a school system whereby teachers are fired for giving students a zero for assignments not handed in.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:09 AM   #27
Mike Sebastien
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK View Post

It gets worse than that, a year and a half ago our shop hired a kid fresh out of high school, he tended to only show up for work when the spirit moved him. When payday came and he was short a few days wages he went into a rant on how unfair that was and "you can't do that to me"! Well, he got moved on out of there!

That is the result of a school system whereby teachers are fired for giving students a zero for assignments not handed in.
First it was a salesperson, then kids and now teachers. Life must be rough out in Alberta.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:13 AM   #28
hellyeh
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Gerald R
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 13

Quote:
IMO I believe it is rude that you guys are flaming that particular salesperson here on RCC. You guys have ganged up on this person, saying he is sub Standard, that the hobby shop should fire him, you won't deal with him and that he is incompetent. In my world that is bullying of the worst kind because he doesn't know it's going on.

I also believe he may have a good case for slander. Although you haven't identified him you have given enough of a description of this Salesman for persons reading these posts to infer who he is.

I am hoping the RCC police will kill this thread
Ok , Mike . Now it's my turn to get involved. We have not ganged up on him and said anything that isn't true . Nobody said he should be fired , per se , rather , I wondered why he still worked there . It is MY choice who I deal with , PERIOD ! Bullying , hardly . Pffftt ! You sound like one of the thin skinned folks who revert to labelling someone as a bully when you don't like what they say . Spare us the drama , please . A good case for slander ? You have got to be kidding ? There are several dark-haired individuals working there , and unless you have experienced this person's attitude yourself , that is hardly enough information for persons reading this post to infer who he is .
Old 07-11-2016, 10:27 AM   #29
reo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron O.

Total Props: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK View Post
It comes under the: Saito .65 - 90 4s, the FG11 is a .66, I wouldn't have expected him to know that but I had done the math previously and would have picked up on it.

Or move them into upper management!

Merv, I wish teachers weren't allowed to give zeros when I went to school in the 50's and 60's ....those marks scarred me for life and I had to resort to running a hobby business for 25 years....LOL....
Old 07-11-2016, 11:05 AM   #30
Arceenut
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Roy H
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 11

Quote:
First it was a salesperson, then kids and now teachers. Life must be rough out in Alberta.
It is rough everywhere for people with a competence, principles and a moral ethic to put up with those that do not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.