RCC Pro Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: cory b
Radio of choice:
spektrum DX9, DX4S
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 11
Re: LHS staff

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
there's a owner(so even worse) of a shop in our area who's been in business for 40 years or so and unfortunetly we have the same issue.

He has actually been labbelled as the HOBBY ZATZI !! lolol

and no I never came up with that name but every single person I've ever know to go there knows his hidden nick name ahaha.

It's very hard to not get into it with him and mostly everyone I know will only go there as a last resort!!
Goblin 380, Mini Vbar, Xnova 3215, YGE 90LV, BK 3001's and BK 5005, Switchblades
Goblin 700 comp(BNIB)
Blade 450x, every lynx/blade upgrade available--PARTING OUT(CHECK CLASSIFIEDS)
HK Clik and RC Foam Factory Click super-lite(BNIB)
Losi Mini 8ight--Leopard LBP2838, HW 10BL60, BK 5001, Shumacher Rally's+Pins, Rhino 1050mah 40c
gixerfien is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:09 AM   #32
Arceenut
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Roy H
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixerfien View Post
there's a owner(so even worse) of a shop in our area who's been in business for 40 years or so and unfortunetly we have the same issue.

He has actually been labbelled as the HOBBY ZATZI !! lolol

and no I never came up with that name but every single person I've ever know to go there knows his hidden nick name ahaha.
[COLOR="Red"]
It's very hard to not get into it with him and mostly everyone I know will only go there as a last resort!!

I wonder how he managed to stay in business for 40 years???? Must have something going for him?
Old 07-11-2016, 11:52 AM   #33
gixerfien
RCC Pro Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: cory b
Radio of choice:
spektrum DX9, DX4S
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceenut View Post
I wonder how he managed to stay in business for 40 years???? Must have something going for him?
only thing going for him is he stocks more horizon hobby stuff then other stores in the area so replacement parts are readily available if you use those products, at a lot of other stores, you're waiting the week for them to be delivered on the stores next HH order(at least for me since I'm a heli guy mainly come summertime).

Other than that no one know how he has stayed alive for all this time because he has absolutely NO customer skills at all and will be soo rude and nasty some days it makes your jaw drop that he would ever even speak to customer like that.
Goblin 380, Mini Vbar, Xnova 3215, YGE 90LV, BK 3001's and BK 5005, Switchblades
Goblin 700 comp(BNIB)
Blade 450x, every lynx/blade upgrade available--PARTING OUT(CHECK CLASSIFIEDS)
HK Clik and RC Foam Factory Click super-lite(BNIB)
Losi Mini 8ight--Leopard LBP2838, HW 10BL60, BK 5001, Shumacher Rally's+Pins, Rhino 1050mah 40c
gixerfien is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:11 AM   #34
bhughes
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: brodie h
Radio of choice:
Graupner mz 24
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 17

It's hard to find good help theses days. Ask my wife.....
Old 07-14-2016, 09:05 AM   #35
Kip0416
RCC Apprentice

I am: Clifford R
Radio of choice:
Hitec
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 0

Back about 1948 the city near my home town was one small but really good hobby shop. The guy that ran it was pleasant and knowledgeable. We all thought his twenty something assistant was a looney tune, because that is the way he acted. My dad bought me an engine. The owner asked this guy to run it for us. In no time at all he had it running. Some five years later the owner decided to move on to other things and this guy bought the business, moved it down the street to larger place and put in a very impressive stock. This clown turned into a very knowledgeable, pleasant and competent shop keeper. I ran across a young girl in the pet store last month. I asked for a common food for my tropical fish and she did not know what I was talking about. Give them time and maybe try to help them a bit!

Kip

Last edited by Kip0416; 07-14-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Kip0416 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:37 PM   #36
mark_london
RCC Apprentice

I am: MarkL
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 0

It takes all kinds
mark_london is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:41 AM   #37
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: MERVIN BURKINSHAW
Radio of choice:
HITEC
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 61

So- I was in the "other" hobby shop Friday, great guys, knowledgeable and friendly. All their stock is down east, got a few things but the rest has to be shipped from the east in 2 to 3 weeks. Can't pay now and have it shipped from Edmonton when it comes in. Separate orders and doesn't qualify for the free shipping because the order is now split up and the shipped part is $89. So I buy the gas AND pay shipping too.

It looks like Mike is right, I'm just too hard to please!
Old 07-18-2016, 10:01 AM   #38
reo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron O.

Total Props: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK View Post
So- I was in the "other" hobby shop Friday, great guys, knowledgeable and friendly. All their stock is down east, got a few things but the rest has to be shipped from the east in 2 to 3 weeks. Can't pay now and have it shipped from Edmonton when it comes in. Separate orders and doesn't qualify for the free shipping because the order is now split up and the shipped part is $89. So I buy the gas AND pay shipping too.

It looks like Mike is right, I'm just too hard to please!
Merv, what frustrates me is the lack of hardware (Dubro, etc) in shops these days. In most cases I have a better selection hanging on the wall in my shop left over from my business days. Seems if you walk in with a list of 6 hardware items you will never (or seldom) find all six items without compromising something to fill your order. It's much easier to order from the keyboard and pay a bit of shipping from time to time.

Hobby shop guys, I know it costs money to keep inventory but I always found the cost of hardware to be the least of my worries (investment wise) when I was in the hobby business eons ago.

Ron
Old 07-18-2016, 12:30 PM   #39
aquila
RCC Contributor

I am: Jeremy J

Total Props: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sebastien View Post
I think you are being a little harsh. To expect a sales person to go over and pick the right item off the wall for you is really asking a lot. These guys have little training and usually have some expertise in one part of the RC world. Maybe if you ask him about RC cars he could of lived up to your expectations.

The day of the salesman who has worked in the appliance dept for 20 years and is a expert on all the stock is gone

In my experience going to any store whether it be a hobby shop, Home Depot or crappy tire, I do my homework first. With the internet so readily available it is pretty easy.

Where did he expect the salesperson to walk over and pick the right one? He asked him to look it up and then see if they had one. I wouldn't expect a person to know everything they have in stock and its fit to another item but I sure would expect them to be competent enough to look it up. My first ever job at 12 years old was in a local hobby store. We didn't have a computer but we had catalogues and spec sheets and even at 12 I learned how to look something up. With the internet it's nearly mindless to do so.
In less than ten seconds with a random internet search I could find the thread size here....

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdID=SAIEG11

This wasn't a case of berating somebody for not knowing the product, it was a complaint based on the inability to just do their basic job. Looking stuff up couldn't get any easier these days really. The inability to think competently and find information is the real issue. It's bad when all the info is right at your fingertips and a salesperson can't even find it.

Last edited by aquila; 07-19-2016 at 12:20 AM.
aquila is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:09 PM   #40
Dennis 9412
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Dennis DuBois
Radio of choice:
Airtronics SD-10G, JR XP9303
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
This wasn't a case of berating somebody for not knowing the product, it was a complaint based on the inability to just do their basic job. Looking stuff up couldn't get any easier these days really. The inability to think competently and find information is the real issue. It's bad when all the info is right at your fingertips and a salesperson can't even find it.
I agree with Jeremy that this is the real problem. At this point you have to ask yourself, Does he not know how to look it up because he hasn't been properly trained, or is it because he is too lazy and just doesn't give a damn?

I'm of the opinion that this is the basis of the OP's complaint.

Regards,

Dennis
CFI Orillia Aeromodelers
Dennis 9412 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.