just bougfht - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2004, 06:05 PM   #1
Alpha Piper
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
just bougfht

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
well i just bought my first plane,now if ican just get some t ime on simulator and some guts I might just get it up sometime in future
Alpha Piper is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:27 PM   #2
RCC Expert Contributor

A few words of advice...

Congrats on the purchase of your new plane! I remember how i felt when i got m first plane. I was 13 years old and I had the world by the tail! (boy was I ever wrong! )

Find the local flying club and go talk to them. They will be more than willing to help you out. (as they have gone through the exact same experience as yourself) It is essential that you get help from experienced pilots as many rc pilots will tell you how many planes they wrote off before they decided to seek help. I would bet everything I own that you will ruin your plane if you try flying it with no help. Trust me on this one...
MAAC #50437
Ramz-to-tha-Z is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:27 PM   #3
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Charlie L.

Welcome aboard. Great to see new flyers. Don't be shy. Ask away any questions you may have. Guarenteed someone in here knows the answer.
Charles Lockyer
Hr.Grace, NL
chuck_zc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:20 AM   #4
always flying
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Manny H
Radio of choice:
Futaba 2.4
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 8
right on!!!

con grats!!!! you won't be dissapointed..it's a feeling like no other ..i'm sure everyone that fly's with vouch for me on that!! be patient take your time ask questions...there's always somene willing to help.

"happy flying is always flying"

manny h.
always flying is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:20 AM   #5
RCC Apprentice

How long is it going to take you

Hey Alpha you must have that sim wore out by now, any date for first flight yet.

If you plan to fly while I am gone you will need to get the fuel and gear.

Hey where did that lamp pole come from
nexstarpilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:05 AM   #6
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ted L

Hey Alpha,

I convieniently have several weeks off of work and have erecently taught my father to fly this summer. He went from never having touched a transmitter to solo in half a season. If you are REALLY desperate for an instructor I would be happy to come and teach you to fly. I'm not sure what airfare would cost you to get me there and I don't eat much...lol...but I do need a long bed as I am 6'6" tall so that would be a consideration. If Nextstar pilot is not around I also could bring my own starting gear and fuel would be included of course.

Just kidding... unless you want me too...lol.

But seriously you should get help from a qualified R\C pilot to teach you to fly. It will save you money and alot of frustration and time. The simulators do help but they are not a replacement for actual instruction.

Good luck and enjoy this wonderfully pleasant hobby.
Ted LeBlanc
Noin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.