ripped off by Canada Post again - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2004, 05:19 PM   #11
RCC Contributor
I am: Rick S

Total Props: 0
Re: Dont buy off ebay!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by insomniac
Bought a jr F400 tx with ch 47 crystal about a month ago, guy tells me he's sending it via UPS so i payed $30 US for the radio and $25.45 US for express shipping was a total of $ 67.68 CAN which i was not to impressed about Got the radio today by us. postal service, and aparently i owe $22.72 CAN to the post office so now ive got $90.40 CAN invested in a radio , Box says usps $8.30 shipping , and the declaration tag says its worth $100.00US so i had to pay tax on a item i payed $30us for and was charged for UPS not usps So then i unwrap the parcel turns out there is no crystal anywhere to be found, and the antenna is bent, TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THERE IS A GUY IN THE LOWER 49TH WITH HIS EARS BURNING RIGHT NOW, He told me he would take the radio back! so then i would be out more money , He offered me the $30 us back for the radio, I dont think , so ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO RECOVER MONEY BACK FROM CUSTOMS?
You have a few options here
1:As rcpilot indicated you have options with the post office (this will take a while).

2: Because the item was not as described , agree to a lower price or part refund from the Seller... or File a complaint with ebay...

3: If you purchased the item Via paypal file a complaint with paypal... Good or bad, paypal tends to side with the buyer (or so I have read).

I buy and sell a little on ebay and generally anything valued at $20.00 or less Canadian generally arrives at my door, no questions asked, no fees. Both from Canada Post or UPS.
Any items value at over 20 dollars , Canada post applies a 5 dollar handling fee and charges you PST and GST for the value of the item.. UPS charges PST and GST and a larger handling fee. I recall getting a item from the US purchased for 17.00 US dollars, the guy insured it for 100 and I ended up paying UPS 40.00 when they stopped to drop off the item.

If package has no value on the paper work, customs will open the item and apply a value... generally to high for my liking.
just_lkn is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:01 AM   #12
Don M.

You guys should live where I do, the postal rates are 3-5 times what you pay in "The South". My wife just ordered me a me a rifle for Xmas, along with the rifle she ordered me 2 boxes of ammo, the supplier called and said if we wanted the 2 boxes of ammo it would cost $165.00 shipping just for the 2 little boxes of ammo, needless to say we said "No Way", I bought 3 kits here on R/C Canada a couple of months again and wanted 1 shipped here and 2 shipped to Halifax. The 2 shipped to Halifax were $30.00 each the 1 shipped here was $100.00. I used to order my snowmobile oil ( syn. and not dangerous goods ) by mail and paid about $20.00 postage for 6 liters, now it is $85.00, which is more than the cost of the oil. I could go on and on but you get the idea, I'm used to it. Maybe you would like to pay $18.50 for 10 lbs. of potatoes, that's what it cost me.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:40 AM   #13

Total Props: 1
Originally Posted by Don M.

Maybe you would like to pay $18.50 for 10 lbs. of potatoes, that's what it cost me.
Ya but those are the BEST potatoes money can buy . NOt gonna pay that kind of shipping costs (obviously built into the price of the spuds) for poor quality ones.
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:16 PM   #14
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Jason H

Total Props: 1
I bought a processor from the states once a few years back. It had a tracking number on it so I could see where it was. It went to US brokerage, then crossed the border to customs, then back to the US Then back to Canada. Got it about a week later, customs applied something like $100 to it, then it was DOA. I haven't used pentium in quite a while now, but I will say their service was excellent. Eventhough I bought it off of ebay, they gave me a replacement for free. It showed up in about 1 week, 1 day after I sent the one DOA one back!

I swear my address is flagged at customs. They open pretty much everything sent to me. I agree that if there is no price on it, they apply one. The "gift" thing doesn't work anymore eithier.

I ordered a 1/12 combat short kit once and got dinged $27 by customs. Got a three pack 1/12 Pica corsair kits and paid $17 : :
Jason Holdaway

In theory, everything works.
Patch is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:21 PM   #15
RCC Master Contributor
I am: James B

Re: ripped off by Canada Post again

Originally Posted by dccoop
Last monday, Nov. 22, I sent my 8103 away to have the lithium battery changed after 7 years ( I know, I should have sent it after 5 years).
After I got home, I noticed on the reciept from the post office a charge of 64 cents for fuel surcharge. I tell you that our government gets you one way or another. It also cost me $13.50 for postage. I'll give them credit though, they didn't charge me GST or PST on the postage.
To top it all off, I'll have to pay another $5.00 handling fee when I pick up my transmitter at the PO.
Any one else P.Off about this.

We get asked all the time why our shipping is a little higher now. That's one of the reasons. 4.75% of the shipping cost for fuel surcharges! Imagine what that is on a 19kg box shipping to California!!!! We hate it, but nothing we can do about it.
MAAC - 64494

Bisson Custom Mufflers
jamesbissonjr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:20 AM   #16
Jan Blom
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Jan B

When I bought a JR 8103 it had one servo with bad sounding gears but I knew better than to send it back When I went to hell and back 3 times with my engine warranty repair 2 years ago ( or 1 yr ago as it took a yr to resolve) that was my big learning curve. They did say to write on the box CANADIAN item being returned for warranty repair.
Jan Blom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.