RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2004, 12:05 PM   #1
Richie. H.
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Lanier Extra 300s For IMAC

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi All, I'm new to this forum and IMAC. I am thinking of getting into IMAC flying and was thinking of building the Lanier Extra 300, 33% . My plan was to stretch the fuse maybe 5 inches to make it more stable in maneuvors, and build it light for sure. As is the span is 103 inches and fuse length is 90 inches. I would make it 95! Call it a 330L.

Anyone ever used this particular kit, I wanted to go with it to keep costs down, I was also looking at the CA Extra 330L however it would cost more and it would have to be shipped up hear. Then if I went with this model how do you ship someting like that from the USA.

Richie. H. is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:22 PM   #2
I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 16

Hi welcome aboard RC Canada.

For sure you gota try IMAC. What level were you looking at starting in? Remember once you start in one Level you can't go down if you find that the competition is to stiff!

Why play with Laniers dimensions? Those planes fly pretty good already. If you really want the 330 S or L why not sell your Lanier and buy the CA. They are ARFs or you can get them in kit form as well or use to be able to. Shipping should not be much more then US$50 but check with them first. What ever you do DON'T let them ship by United Parcel Service (UPS) you will pay big bucks in brokerage fees. Try and get USPS that's US Postal Service. At most Canada post will charge you $5.00 + PST & GST on equivalent Canadian amount of the kit. Hey with our buck doing so well these days that's a pretty good deal.

What engine are you planing on using? For 33% your going to need an 80cc - 100cc engine.

What part of Canada are you in. There is a very informative get together in Guelph ON in Jan or early Feb 2005 that you should attend if you are in Southern ON.

Either way you go the Extra is a good choice for a starting aircraft. Right guys?
Jim Daly
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:35 PM   #3
Richie. H.
RCC Apprentice

Hi Scaleguy,

I am from Ottawa Ontario, and I belong to the Stetson Flyers club. I missed the IMAC Nationals at our club (WORK) oh well thing should be a little saner for me next year I hope.

I was going to start in Sportsman, I have 8 years of flying in already, and have scratch built many planes!

I have a ZDZ 80 already in a Ultimate that I built, a 35%er, it flys great but may not be the best for IMAC. Any way I like the Extra and may go with that design. with a 80cc somthing! Maybe a ZDZ 80 twin, the price is good on them now and they are a smooth runner.

Lots of time to decide, it's building time
Old 12-04-2004, 02:13 PM   #4
RCC Contributor
I am: David A
Radio of choice:
spectrum DX18
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 1
Lanier Extra 300

Hi Richard

You seen my 33% lanier extra fly. It has a zdz 80 single. The changes I made were a glass cowl and the abs turtle decks were replaced with foam and balsa. Give me a call and you can come over for a closer look.

Dave Asquini
davida is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:45 PM   #5
Richie. H.
RCC Apprentice

Hi Dave, I was so busy last year I did not see much! Anyway I hear it flys very well. Actually that is why I was thinking of that Kit.

Got to give this IMAC a go! Thinking of trying to get out to 3 or maybe 4 contests next year. Already practicing the Sportsman class on my simulator.

Would like to get a good look at your Extra. e-mail me your number,, I don't have it.

Also where did you get the glass Cowl from.

Not sure what I will be doing yet, maybe modify that lanier kit into a Exta 260. Seems to be the trend.

See Ya!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.