Latest HobbyKing Order - Update on Shipping + Duty - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 08-19-2016, 09:24 PM   #11
diss3ntienc
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: K B

Total Props: 0
Re: Latest HobbyKing Order - Update on Shipping + Duty

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I've always had good luck with Hobbyking's international shipping. Whenever i order from the USA east warehouse, i'll ship it to CBI in niagara and drive over to pick it up. I've declared my packages every time and i've been lucky 4/5 times!

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:52 AM   #12
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 Jeti and Airtronics SD-6
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 136

I tried an order from Hobby King and the order defaults to HK USA West and no selection on mailing... only gives one option and that was FedEx....no USPS mail. Was a few things that could easily have been handled in a padded envelope and sent USPS first class mail. FedEx shipping was around $32 usd.

Guess they are pricing themselves out of business.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #13
tporter416
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Tom P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum iX12
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 13

My friends and I for small items have started going to aliexpress.com, you can get a lot of the same stuff, same price, but they have free shipping by post. Only problem is it often takes 5-6 weeks to get it, but the shipping cost is good...

Tom
SAB Goblin Kraken, SAB Goblin 500, SAB Goblin 420, Oxy 2, 180 Fusion, mCPX BL, mCPX BL2, nano CP S, Freewing F-14, FMS Rafale, Freewing F-5N, Freewing BAE Hawk, FMS F-18, A-10, GP Super Sportster, P-39, Spitfire Mk.IX 1200mm, Dogfighter, FMS F-35, FW F-18, E-Max 250 Quad
tporter416 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:11 PM   #14
chuebner
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Curt H
Radio of choice:
Hitec

Total Props: 94

I placed an order for some Life and Lipo batteries about a month ago. Shipping was only available by UPS or Fedex. Took about 2 weeks to get here and clear customs. All in all, with the cost of the batteries, exchange, shipping and brokerage, the costs total still came out to less than half of what it would have cost here in Canada to buy compareable batteries.

Order was 4-1100 2s Life RX packs, 3-2500 2s Life RX packs, 1-1800 3s Life TX pack, 2-2200 2s Lipo TX packs.......came in at about $180.00 Canadian all in. Still a good deal for me.

I fly Hitec, why...... because I wanna!!

Forum Rules Link
https://www.rccanada.ca/site-rules.pdf
chuebner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:19 PM   #15
kcaldwel
RCC Contributor

I am: Kevin C.

Total Props: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegl View Post
I tried an order from Hobby King and the order defaults to HK USA West and no selection on mailing... only gives one option and that was FedEx....no USPS mail. Was a few things that could easily have been handled in a padded envelope and sent USPS first class mail. FedEx shipping was around $32 usd.

Guess they are pricing themselves out of business.
If you select items from US West, or order LiPos, it will ship from US West by Fedex. If you select items from the International warehouse only, and no batteries of any kind, then your order will come from Hong Kong and post is an option.

I just ordered two ESCs from the International warehouse. Shipping by post was $3.

Kevin

Last edited by kcaldwel; 11-07-2016 at 03:01 PM.
kcaldwel is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:26 PM   #16
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

Yes battery packs are one thing and understand the reason and extra cost for shipping due to it being restricted and requiring lots of paperwork and so forth. HK used to provide several mailing options and the cheapest by china post from Hong Kong but doesn't seem that they will do that any more. What I tried to order where some small fittings ( envelope size) and a bit of wire but it won't allow me to do that as like I say it defaults to USA West...... Looks like I will write them off. For my battery order I have been getting them from Thunder Power when the sales are on ; like two for one and FedEx rates are good. order on Monday and got it by Friday latest. Get on their mailing list and then you know what is happening and when.......does take a little of preplanning of what you want and need.

Thanks Kevin.... will try again and see if I can get the international to pop up.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:26 PM   #17
tporter416
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Tom P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum iX12
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 13

I also tried and found a little US flag on the right of the item title bar saying mine was going to come from USA West, I clicked on the flag and it let me select the item from another warehouse...

Tom
SAB Goblin Kraken, SAB Goblin 500, SAB Goblin 420, Oxy 2, 180 Fusion, mCPX BL, mCPX BL2, nano CP S, Freewing F-14, FMS Rafale, Freewing F-5N, Freewing BAE Hawk, FMS F-18, A-10, GP Super Sportster, P-39, Spitfire Mk.IX 1200mm, Dogfighter, FMS F-35, FW F-18, E-Max 250 Quad
tporter416 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:13 PM   #18
Shotgun06
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Alain F

Total Props: 8

The new Hobby King website is really bad as far as we are concerned Canadians but you still have the choice of warehouse that you can order from. Like Tom said, you just click on the little US flag and then it gives you the option to select the desired warehouse and it adjust the price accordingly. The real irritant is that you have to do it for every items that you want to order to know if its I stock or not and then add to your cart.

Alain
Old 11-07-2016, 02:59 PM   #19
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

Ok Figured it all out so will try and remember next time.....Quite often eBay works well with free shipping so you kinda have to do your shopping . with ebay , if the stuff you get doesn't meet the advertising or whatever you can apply for a refund.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:42 PM   #20
davidmc36
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: David C
Radio of choice:
DX18 Stealth Taranis X9D+ DX3S
# of RCs: 1E

Total Props: 110

The latest for me is pretty much striking out. The few things that actually have international warehouse as option I don't want. The things I do want are only at WestUSA; $20 to FedEx ship $25 in cables, not today my friend.

I see it will default to International if that is an option in the first place. If I don't see it, clicking the flag does not bring it as an option, just other things like EU, UK.....

Getting shipped for free, or nearly free, via the slow boat was always fine with me, Cali doesn't help me.
Weather Station
davidmc36 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in