Servo Recommendation - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:23 PM   #11
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Mike K
Radio of choice:
No preference
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 4
Re: Servo Recommendation

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'm late to this thread: but a TS-910 is also a good choice. It's inexpensive, has a metal body, takes high-voltage, and has the torque to turn those big tires. I run the faster-but-less-powerful TS-920 in my 1/10th stuff.
MK_Reloaded is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:25 PM   #12
RCC Noob
I am: Mike S
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0

Savox or Hitec. I have a Hitec in my Kraton and will be putting a Savox in my Typhon
Toronto, Canada
Arrma Kraton / Arrma Typhon / Traxxas XO-1
Swerny is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:45 PM   #13
Steve T
RCC Noob
I am: Steve T

Total Props: 0

Thanks for all of the replies. I have installed the Savox 1230 and everything is now running well.

Initially when I installed it the throttle would not work. After calibrating the throttle I eventually got it to work, but as soon as I switched off the transmitter, the truck went into full throttle and shot across my workbench. Luckily, it hit the wall and flipped over. I quickly pulled the plug. No real damage. After opening the receiver unit, I could see that there was some grease on some of the posts of the chips. Having bought the truck second hand, I wasn't sure if the grease was dielectric or just axle grease. I used some contact cleaner to clean everything up and also noticed a little button on the board. I couldn't find the purpose of the button on the Internet, so why not just press it? It couldn't make things any worse. Anyway, it must have been a reset button as everything now is functioning properly.

I'm wondering if I should install a BEC? Any ideas?

Thanks for everybody's help.

Steve T is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.