Shipping from USA to Canada - Best carrier - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2005, 11:12 AM   #11
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Eric T

Total Props: 2

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just received some parts by USPS the cost was $11.00. Sounds reasonable.

The only problem was it took 3 weeks to arrive. (Christmas)

Based on others feedback I think I will continue to use them in the future.

Oh, did I mention the package arrived in pristine condition. No dents, no marks, and no holes.
tech1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:36 AM   #12
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
For those of you close to the border do like what we did. 3 of us went in on a US postal box and we have everything shipped there via US postal service. Its fast and if the boxes are oversized they leave a notice in the box and you have to go to the counter to pick it up. The cost for the box was 20 US each and we each get our own key. In two years about 20 kits, dozens of videos and cds, sewing machine, car parts, books, engines, all kinds of parts, just about anything you can think of and never once was there any damage all was received in good shape and in a very timely manner.

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:18 PM   #13
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
i dont do the border since they took my truck back in 88 .but i do know about that place
A victim of the zero tolerance program?

A friend of mine lost his near-new Firebird Trans-Am right about that time because a passenger in his car had pot residue in his cigarrette package.
No Foolin' around!!!
Ron Mattiuz

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:52 PM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Rick L
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 13
well i got busted for 2 joints back in 1979 and even though ive been pardoned here for that it means jack * down that old record really can haunt you forever ...not only did they take my truck but i spent 4 days locked up before i got deported only crime down there was spending money...owell.ce la vie ..sorry about getting off topic.
xv-townboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:16 PM   #15
RCC Contributor
I am: Andrew B

The guy that sent the pkg to me marked it as a gift and because the engine was used, he marked it as that.... Ya think i still will get dinged with the fees???
Canadiank-9 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:27 PM   #16
RCC Contributor
I am: Rick S

Originally Posted by scaleguy
UPS has charged me $50.00 in brokerage on an $8.00 item + GSt & PST on the whole amount. That's a lot to pay for a tracking number.

Given a choice I would use the USPS service also. Being charge 50.00 dollars in brokerage would have me steaming over a 8 dollar item. I did buy an item off another site for 10 bucks and the guy valued it for 100, so UPS was kind enough to charge me Brokerage around $19.00 and pst etc for 100 US dollars... Inside the box was the paypal packing slip for 10 dollars...

That being said. Has anyone had any problems with USPS and Canada Post with deliveries. I purchased an engine from the US in Oct and it was 5 weeks before it showed up at my door. Had the same problem with a camera from Australia.. took 6 weeks.
just_lkn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:28 PM   #17
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Rick L
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 13
my radio was marked as a gift..still got the $57 dollar ding stay away from ups!!!!
xv-townboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:13 PM   #18
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
gift or not, it doesnt matter. Its the declared value that sets what taxes are paid.
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:37 PM   #19
RCC Apprentice
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 15

Another Cheap Border Trick - Legal too!

Hey All.

I am fortunate enough to live near the border (Niagara). I have used all the services and I agree with AJCoholic. That said, fer y'all that want some further cheap tricks....

Mailboxes Etc. (see their web site for locations NA wide) will take your shipment from anybody and store it for you. It will cost you $5 bucks a day. You do not need to have a rental box there either.

Trick two is my favourite. You can ship your package of goodies to any Post Office in the USA - no charge for this either. Send it via USPS and they will hold it for you for 30 days. On your shipping address simply put it like this example (I use this often)

General Delivery, Lewiston Main Post Office,
150 S 8th St,
Lewiston,, NY 14092
United States

When you go to the post office, have ID ready, and they will get you your parcel. No fuss no muss.. And Yes I do declare everything.... The small tax is worth it sometimes.

Cheers all

Henry Z.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.."
Henry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:49 AM   #20
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Randy Brown

I have sent stuff and come back UPS and was marked WARANTIE WORK no charge

Never paid a dime

Matter of fact, My big H9 Suk fuse was a replacement because the orginal was damaged in the box and it was UPS right from Horizoin to my house

Never paid a cent. ITS all comes down to the paper work being done the way its suppose to

Randy Brown
MAAC 45752L
Team Airtronics
Randy Brown is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.