Forum newbie and my first,servos - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 08-25-2016, 08:44 AM   #1
RCC Noob
I am: Dennis K
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 0
Forum newbie and my first,servos

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
First off howdy to all. An now for a few questions. I have been into heli"s for 6 or so years now. As a second costly hobby,well some times it gets shelved for a bit. Now getting back into it again I see that parts for the Blade 400 and 450 3d are drying up. So a question..where are you folks finding parts? Or is it just a buy what you can find situation? I did stock up for both of them,but we all know that one crash will have a part I don't have in my stash!!

2nd question...looks like the hitec HS65MG servo either isn't being made anymore,or just the dealers I have looked at aren't stocking them. So what servo replaces them? Or what is a good comparable servo?

3rd question..After buying blade/e-flite helis and them discontinuing them all the time..what should a person buy that wont go out of fashion so quick? I do have a unbuilt T-REX 500 e sitting here as well as a T-REX 600 Nitro ( which I haven't finished the electronics yet). Should a person stick to align instead and just fly the other 2 till I don't have parts anymore?

Icehunter is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:17 PM   #2
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Tom P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX9
# of RCs: 11

Total Props: 3
Re: Forum newbie and my first,servos

Welcome, the 400 3D and 450 3D were replaced by the 450X, so a lot of parts are now listed as 450X parts. The best way is to use this link at horizon hobby, grab the part number you need, then search at your favorite hobby store for the part #. The part list for the 450 3D is at horizon hobby's website here:

I personally, for these parts, like to get them from here, they have most of them in stock:

Even though your heli's are fly-barred, it is still best to keep the three cyclic servos the same. So if you replaced them you might want to go digital. However the HS-65MG can be gotten here:

Third, Align is still around, but not supported anywhere near as well as they used to be. I find rotor quest is the best place to get parts for that brand. If you are looking for a new heli, goto and check out what they have. Oxy is coming up, Goblin's are the current hot ones, along with MSH.

MSH Protos V2 700, SAB Goblin 500, SAB Goblin 380, T-Rex 250 Pro, Blade 180CFX, mCPX BL, nano CP S, F-16, 3DHS Edge 540, Spitfire Mk IX, 540QQ, F-18, E-Max 250 Quad
tporter416 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:31 PM   #3
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 149

I'm finding now that stocking spares is not as desirable as it has been for me in the past.

I find that now if you have a heli and fly it enough to get your money's worth, when the day comes you trash it, its probably better to go buy a new heli that is more modern than the one you trashed.
I've got lots of spare parts for older helis that I would probably never fly again. Today I question the value of having such spares. Back then I thought it was a good idea.

IE I'm still flying an align 450Pro FBL and it flies great. But if it came to a point where I damage it and cant get parts for it, I would rather buy a newer more modern 450.

Servos are in the same boat (for the most part). It would not hurt to buy 3 new modern swash servos to replace whatever you have after one of them craps out. If they are old enough and served you well, then it could also mean they are getting old and sloppy.
RC Test Pilot; FPV Instructor, Airplane Instructor; Helicopter Instructor

My Aircraft Albums:

Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:13 AM   #4
RCC Noob
I am: Dennis K
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 0

THanks for the replies. I looked at hobby hobby and it looks like most 400 parts are all aluminum upgrades. Which I guess if that's all I can find then so be it. I really hate putting a good ol heli on the shelf when with a few parts it can be flown again. Seems like a waste of money to me. I don't mind fixing things on cold winter nights! The servos I mentioned would be going into the unbuilt T-REX 500 electric. Right now I am scrounging adds and such every where for spare parts.Buying new all the time just to have new to me is a waste of$$$-----but I do see the point in it. If it wasn't for me having 7 heli"s sitting here I would just sell it all off and get right out of it.
Icehunter is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.