Wild Hare Edge 540t - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Giant Scale Aircraft Discuss Giant RC Scale Aircraft.

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2005, 08:32 PM   #11
Collins power
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
thx for all this info guys !

I'm so anxious to order the plane .... !!! I'll put a DA 50 on it ! I'm curious to know where is ur stick position when u over ?!?! 1/2....3/4 ?!?!
Anyone got pictures ?!?! Hope I'll see you guys this summer with ur Edges ! Could be a nice pictures !!

thx Julien
Collins power is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:40 AM   #12
Ron C
RCC Junior Contributor

RE stick position

Hi julien; on a hover with my wh/DA50 and msc 22x10 prop and bcm
pitts wrap around muffler, i'm at appox 1/2 throttle
hope this info helps
Ron C
MAAC 60928
W/H 540 EDGE MVVS 58
too much power is better than not enough
Ron C is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:51 AM   #13
RCC Contributor

I have my DA 50 on a Patty Wagstaff GP Extra 300 and all up weight is 15 lbs and that is with 3 batt packs. Two 2000 mah duralites and one 1500 mah NiCD for the ignition.

Vertical is unlimited!!!!!

Mike Sebastien
airframe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:36 AM   #14
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
Owners tend to get very protective about the brand of engine they own which is natural I guess.
The reality however ,IMO, is that the Wild Hare line is one of the best values available in the 80" ARF IMAC type models currently.
It is best to keep them as light as possible and a modern 50cc gas plowerplant appears to be the best comprimise between raw power and weight.
The DA certainly qualifies but so do the 3W,ZDZ,Brison and a few others no doubt.Some flyers are sponsored,some have access to price deals,some get lucky with promo pricing,some go to Toledo etd etc and these factors all play a part in the choice each buyer makes
As it happens there are five Wild Hare 80" models in our club built or being built for the IMAC wars next summer...........powered by ZDZ (2) ,DA (2),Brison (1)............should be interesting to draw comparisons next flying season.
What am I flying? Giant Planes 90" Staudacher with ZDZ 60cc.........
IMAA 27023
IMAC 3710
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:01 AM   #15
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Owners tend to get very protective about the brand of engine they own which is natural I guess.
True, funny, I remember Randy getting all excited about getting a BME for Christmas a few years back, now he's DA.
I guess it's brand loyalty, and who gives you the most free stuff!

I love my DA, but would not hesitate to use a BME, ZDZ, 3W, FPE, Brison or what have you if the situation arises. I have a Zenoah in a scale plane, perfect engine for the plane.

Brand loyalty in cars is just as silly. A lot of "american" cars are just japanese cars with american tags. My ex-boss drives a Lincoln but he calls it a Jaguar (He's British), and I think he's justified, they are exactly the same car.
Most japanese cars are built on this continent anyway. The cars that threaten our economy are not japanese, but the Taiwanese (and other) "cheapies" like Hyundai and Kia, which are fully manufactured and assembled in their home countries by workers who cannot even afford to buy their own cars on the wages they're paid. But that's another story.
Ron Mattiuz

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.