Wayne MIller
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Wayne MIller
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9 JR 9303
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 8
Rislone at Walmart

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

I just checked at Walmart in Kitchener and they do have Rislone. It is in the automotive department in with the oils. It is in 950ml yellow plastic containers with red writing - there was a smaller container, but I got this one, it was $5.27.

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing you are using it to put on engine parts before reassembly or use it as an after run oil.

I've never used after run oil (but I don't think it hurts) and some of my engines are 30 years old and are still good. But then I ALWAYS make sure my fuel has at least some castrol oil in it and run them dry (pinch intake fuel line until they stop) after flying.

Hope you can find the Rislone.

Wayne Miller
Wayne MIller is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:11 PM   #12
Ed Smith

Total Props: 0
If I remember correctly Rislone was used as an engine conditioner in full size cars. It was poured into the engine just before an oil change. Driven aroond for a while during which time it was suppposed to clean off any residue/varnish inside the engine. All the deposits came out when the oil was drained.

That is if I remember correctly.

Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:05 PM   #13
Cecil Marshall
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Cecil M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 1

I used Rislone faithfully about 20 years ago. On my vehicles,when I changed the oil, I'd replace 1 quart (remember them?40oz) with 1 quart of Rislone. It came in a yellow bottle and the contents where "blue"..
I'm not really sure if it helped but the "valve train" of my engines where always clean whenever I had to remove the "valve covers" to replace a "gasket"!
MAAC #11945L
IMAC #3709
Instructor Soo Modellers
Cecil Marshall is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:14 PM   #14
RCC Master Contributor
I am: jean c blouin
Radio of choice:
hitec polk spektrum
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 2
Wen the valve train got noisy old the old 63 oldsmobile ( 394 ci engine )
poured a quart of rislone in give her a ride couple of miles ( usualy high speed ) it was smooth and quiet for a couple thousand more miles
the engine was still great after 250 thousand miles, the frame died LOL
MAAC 5057 L
Jean. C. Blouin
CFI Club Aeromodeliste de l`Estrie
Skype jean.blouin
skypupnut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:05 PM   #15

Total Props: 1
Just use the tranny fluid same as after run. In fact, I even transfer the stuff from the litre bottle it's sold in to the little after run bottle I used up.
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:43 PM   #16
RCC Apprentice
I am: Jeff VC

Total Props: 0
Rislone is an oil additive that is put in and left in. When I started in the automotive trade the old journeyman I worked under swore it was the best stuff he ever saw and he still uses it today, past 90 and still driving. I do not think rislone holds the advantages it once did with the advances in oil technology but who knows , as an afterrun oil it should work good and should displace moisture. Always thought it smelled like the candy necklaces I used to get when I was a kid at the candy store.
JeffVC is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.