Need help with battery managment and binding process. - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Old 08-30-2016, 08:30 PM   #21
sidix007
RCC Apprentice

I am: W. B.

Total Props: 0
Re: Need help with battery managment and binding process.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Very true... im trying to restrain myself lol
sidix007 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:30 AM   #22
sidix007
RCC Apprentice

Manage to get our for a flight yesterday, plane flew great. All my batteries worked and the swapping without re-bind worked awesome. Thanks again for everyones response.

On a side note, i am new to flying obviously. On my sport cub S it has the SAFE technology, in the first mode its super easy to fly and i think i have it down pretty good. Once i switch to the intermediate mode the plane gets extremely squirlly for lack of a better term. When trying to fly to this mode i had some troubles and crashed into a tree. It ripped my rudder off as i was getting it out. The rudder still works just needs to be put back on. Whats the best way to do that? hot glue... or should i just use some clear tape and tape it down?
Old 08-31-2016, 11:00 AM   #23
gixerfien
RCC Pro Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: cory b
Radio of choice:
spektrum DX9, DX4S
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 11

yayyy I'm the first to the punch this time haha....definitely hot glue or CA...If CA then make sure its foam safe!!!

CA is lighter but hot glue is cheap.

I would just use hot glue...you can repair the foamies with it countless # of times!!! works great.

I actually have a hot glue gun rigged up for 3s lipo at the field ahaha
Goblin 380, Mini Vbar, Xnova 3215, YGE 90LV, BK 3001's and BK 5005, Switchblades
Goblin 700 comp(BNIB)
Blade 450x, every lynx/blade upgrade available--PARTING OUT(CHECK CLASSIFIEDS)
HK Clik and RC Foam Factory Click super-lite(BNIB)
Losi Mini 8ight--Leopard LBP2838, HW 10BL60, BK 5001, Shumacher Rally's+Pins, Rhino 1050mah 40c
gixerfien is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:06 AM   #24
sidix007
RCC Apprentice

Yeah hot glue was what i was thinking.... a bead of it in the gap where the rudder sits should fix it fine. Just gotta steal the wifes 'crafts only' hot glue gun since i broke my shop one lol
Old 08-31-2016, 11:21 AM   #25
gixerfien
RCC Pro Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: cory b
Radio of choice:
spektrum DX9, DX4S
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 11

lolol.

ya Ive even seemed the outside along the seam of the crack by putting a bead of hot glue along it and then smearing with my finger..helps to lick your finger first or for long stretched I've even gotten a glass of cold water to dip my finger in before I smear it. Especially on the larger fatter glue sticks in a full sized gun, they tend to get substantially hotter lol.
Goblin 380, Mini Vbar, Xnova 3215, YGE 90LV, BK 3001's and BK 5005, Switchblades
Goblin 700 comp(BNIB)
Blade 450x, every lynx/blade upgrade available--PARTING OUT(CHECK CLASSIFIEDS)
HK Clik and RC Foam Factory Click super-lite(BNIB)
Losi Mini 8ight--Leopard LBP2838, HW 10BL60, BK 5001, Shumacher Rally's+Pins, Rhino 1050mah 40c
gixerfien is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:15 AM   #26
michaely
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: michael o
Radio of choice:
JR ss and 8103, FrSky Taranis
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 4

WB,

Get a "battery checker" such as this good deal - at the moment - from Great Hobbies:

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...d=HPREOSSENTRY

The same battery checker, with cosmetic differences, is sold under a variety of brands/house names but Hyperion is a top quality line.

This battery checker will tell you how much capacity is left in your battery as well as the degree of imbalance between cells.
The connector is set up for the most popular lipo/life battery connector, but with connector adapters, you can use it to check Nicads/NiMh as well.

The basic 50 watt modern lipo/life charger will charge up to 6 cell batteries and will do fine - for a long time -
until you want to charge a lot of higher capacity cells faster, use the charger to discharge batteries to storage voltage levels faster and to get additional information from your charger such as measures of internal resistance (IR) of battery cells, which is a good measure of declining capacity over time.

I started with a HobbyKing 50 watt charger and power supply bought used and was fine with it and later bought an ICharger brand charger that, apart from higher capacity, provides that additional information.

good luck
michaely is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:32 AM   #27
sidix007
RCC Apprentice

I have a Nano QX question i will start another thread about.

Last edited by sidix007; 09-01-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:41 PM   #28
Mytmerc83
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Ryan T
Radio of choice:
DX8
# of RCs: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixerfien View Post
Never say never man...I'm pretty sure we all felt the same at one point lolol
I agree with Cory, wasn't that long ago I was nervous to buy my first balsa electric, now i have a garage full of nitro, gas and electrics. The ball rolls faster and faster. Or should i say the planes fly faster and faster?? It's great!!!
Mytmerc83 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.