Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I just got back from a trip to Ontario, on the back from Welland I decided to stop in Hamilton to visit the CWH. I must say that I was very impressed with all the work this group of people do. I would urge anyone going through this area to stop and visit, the folks are friendly and are very helpful.

I will have lots of photos to post when the film gets developed.

To the staff of this Museum I would like to say Keep up the great work at keeping our avatavationtory alive.

Hey where did that lamp pole come from
nexstarpilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:06 PM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Tom P
Radio of choice:

Canadian Heritage

Yes I agree it a great place, and they have wonderful set up.
I was wondering about the Fleet Fort the only Canadian design and manufactured second world war aircraft. Has anyone ever heard of model plan for the Fleet Fort, I would like to build one some day.
It only had a small production because it flew so well it wasn't considered a good for fighter trainer, so it probably be a great scale project and it should fly like a trainer.
Just curious,like to make it one of those winter projects i hope to build some day.
tom0187rc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:02 PM   #3
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9
I was a member of the Warplane Heritage Museum for a number of years awhile back. Its interesting to see the work in progress of many of the restorations they have done.

A fellow in our club, Ron Crews, has been a long time member of the Museum and is the "Flight Engineer" on the Lancaster Bomber. Every time that awsome big bird takes flight, Ron is sitting up front as part of the flight crew......."lucky dog" that he is!

They really do awsome work there and its wonderful to see so many working so hard to keep aviation history alive for future generations! Want to support their efforts? Become a member of the Canadian War Plane Heritage Museum!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:13 PM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor

What about the Norseman..Canadian D and B warplane...I wonder if there are others...

I have not been to the CWHM for a number of years now, I would really like to go back there and take my son..

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:20 PM   #5
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
...the place is awesome........a must for all "planers"........... get to sit in and operate the controls of a real JET.
Hangar Nine SpitFire..Saito.100
Top Flite P51..Saito.91
RCGUYS Decathlon..SPE 26
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.