RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss electric RC vehicles

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2005, 11:40 AM   #1
Fox 22
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Radioshack X mods, mods

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has had experience with these. I was wondering if it would be possible to run one off a 7.4V Lithium or NiMh battery pack without any ill effects or having all the magic smoke leak out . They currently run on 4 AAAs. Any ideas?

I don't know what we're YELLING ABOUT! ......... LOUD NOISES ! ! !
Fox 22 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:32 AM   #2
Fox 22
RCC Junior Contributor

Well, tried it out with a 2 cell 1200mAh lipoly, and holy crap!! this little thing screams!!! It takes alot of skill to keep from losing control though, maybe a little too much power... Even without any mod kits, I'm pretty sure this thing will smoke any micro car . Next is a bearing mod kit and AWD

For anyone looking for a blast, these little cars are great for $70 with radio etc, (some assembly required) from Radio Shack. They come with full independent suspension, RWD with differential, full proportional steering and ESC with brake, and a full function pistol style contoller. The contoller can be switched from left or right hand configurations, they have a crystal setup so you can switch between 10 channels for group racing, and has steering and throttle trim. You can also purchase all kinds of upgrades and performance kits for them including all wheel drive, suspension upgrades, body kits, motor and gear sets, as well as tires, rims and lights. Definitely something to check out next time you're in Radio Shack!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uni_2_029.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	7523  
I don't know what we're YELLING ABOUT! ......... LOUD NOISES ! ! !
Fox 22 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:58 AM   #3
RCC Apprentice

X-mods mods

I found this page handy, i did not realize these little cars can be modded this much
₪ МąζЋЭψąĦą ₪
mattzahab is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #4
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Rob

I have my Moded X-mod for sale in the car section it has a a few upgrades and i am running 5 AAAs makes it a bit quicker but not as fast as the lipos
What do you mean , I can land upside down
Rob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:57 PM   #5
RCC Noob

Hey I've been using Xmods for a few years now here and although I myself havent used lithium, many people use lithium-ion and lithium-polymer. The newer EVO model that are available in the US can handle 11.1v, but the 130 motors have not been able to handle the voltage even though the electronics will.

I would not reccomend that website posted, as most of his stuff is extremely overpriced and when he says his stuff is unique, etc he is the one coping other and rebranding motors as his own. is a great store for motors and he usually stocks the leading FET board, a WhoaNelly. He used to sell Li-on kits but has since moved onto selling Li-Po instead. is also a great store for alloy upgrades.

These little cars may be good for the price, but I am currently saving money for a AE RC18T and moving on. Other have done this and those that want to stay with the 1/28th scale move on to Kyosho Mini-Zs. These cars certainly aren't hobby grade by any means.

SpeedyMods is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.