It just kinda dawned on me that . . . - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

View Poll Results: How many times do you think you will attend between June to October?
1 to 2 times 2 5.71%
3 to 5 times 2 5.71%
5 to 10 times 3 8.57%
More than 10 times 28 80.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2005, 07:14 PM   #11
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Colin B
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 8

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I fly mostly helis....I only got up to a .60 with a plane, then moved to helis :P but having flown a 1.60 2 stroke pattern plane and a Funtana 90 I can say it would suck to go back to a .40. Same with helis. I went from a .32, to a .50, and now to a .90

Align R/C, OS Engines, Futaba, Great Hobbies, Hatori, SGP, Morgan Fuels, Castle Creations
Colin is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:33 PM   #12
RCC Expert Contributor

Total Props: 0
I've never had anything larger than .60 size and probably won't in the foreseeable future. The reason is not that I don't want to move up but rather a matter of logistics and shop size! I just don't have room to build (and especially store) those big big birds. Transportation for big planes is also an issue for me. No $$ in the budget right now for a plane trailer or a pickup.....
MAAC 50249

Planes, Pedals, and Motorcycles! (In that order!)

I stopped being politically correct when I found out that some people were offended by it.
nosedive is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:55 PM   #13
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
Originally Posted by Nuker
You missed one in your poll

I started with some .40, went with some .15, tried some .60 sized, building a .90/120 size (albeit with a 1.80) and a .25 sized and even have a few electrics. You need a selection for liking variety.

I'm in it for the variety, pure and simple

Bingo! Of the last half dozen planes I have built/bought they range from a 20" WS powered by a cox .020 through 40, 60 sizes and up to the 70cc gasser (87" Extra). I dont think going bigger and bigger is best, as there is funt o be had with all size of aircraft IMO.
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:03 PM   #14
Dave Holmes
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Dave Holmes
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario (no longer Brampton!)
Radio of choice:
Futaba 72 Mhz
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 10
Well I haven't been in this hobby long enough to see a trend developing in my hanger, other than the fact it is getting crowded. So far, everthing I've got is considered 40 size, from the Super Sportster to the Kadet Senior and 81" Piper Cub. I just know I prefer the bigger birds 'cause I can see 'em better, and I like slower fliers because I have a chance of being able to control them

We'll see what the future brings, though.

Dave Holmes

The older I get, the better I used to be!
Dave Holmes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:34 PM   #15
Bryan Mailloux
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Bryan M

Well I know that I am limited to size but If the plane looks like a blast to fly I will try it. I have a little 31" laser up to my 40 size mustang. I have accumulated 10 planes in the past three years. Each plane is ment for different wind conditions and personal preference. If its sunny and not 50k gusts or raining I will be flying, If I can drag someone else out to the flying field.
Bryan Mailloux is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:22 PM   #16

I tried to adjust the poll after the initial post but it does not appear possible.

I think that the general concensus is variety. Few stay with just one type, whether it's the sheer variety of models available or boredom (and boredom isn't really the right word but it conveys the thought).

It seems no one flies ONE type--exclusively 50% extras or only SPAD or only 3D. A little of bit of everything seems to be the norm. And as we live our lives so do we fly.

Variety is the spice of life and we certainly do live spicy lives .
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:20 AM   #17
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Darren G
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 8
I'm finding myself building more 1/6 scale aircraft now, thanks to Unionville Hobbies ( d*mn them ).. built their Turbo Beaver ( 96" WS ) about 6 years ago and now i'm onto my 3rd 1/6 scale aircraft... All 3 are Canadian bush planes, so WS very from 96" to 126"..... I must say that it will be a real challenge to see how I get all 3 to the float flies this year though..... 2 was bad enough.....
Darren loves Floatplanes and dirt bikes
cf-drg is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:41 AM   #18
Lake Flyer
RCC Contributor
I am: Dave P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: To

My theory is it's a guy thing " mine is bigger than yours". So they will keep getting bigger
Lake Flyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:02 PM   #19
Chris Cann
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
i have a variety i have foamies all the way up to a 33% 96" gasser
Chris Cann is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:09 PM   #20
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Rick L
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 13
for myself i buy,fly and sell..i have a couple of guys locally that do the same..they build em,fly em maybe half dozen times or so and then sell them..i love the variety including helicopters which i tend to hang to longer.same with engines,i love trying them all out but seeing that i'm not rich enough to keep everything,beleive me if i could afford it i would .
i just love everything about this hobby.flying is only about 20%of my interest.the rest is reading and thinking about it..nothing i love more than putting together a new kit or arf and taking it out to the field for that first what a rush ...
xv-townboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.