What you got and why you like it! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Flight Simulators Discuss flight sims.

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2005, 06:39 AM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Here Gary:

Ron Mattiuz

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:49 AM   #12
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Stephen J
Radio of choice:

afpd flight sym

Hi Folks,
Ikarus USA offers an upgrade to Deluxe for those of you that already have afp. Just have to send in your cd and cable along with $80US. They'll ship a new cd and usb cable. afp deluxe is much better than the regular afp. Flying is more realistic, especially for the photo-based back grounds.
Stephen Johnston
MAAC 12138
sarawnty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:41 AM   #13
Chris Cann
RCC Supreme Contributor

Gary: I'm posative I have tried with it off and it won;t work I have a futaba tx but as far as I know they all have to be on as in the manuel it says to turn you tx on but i remove the crustal do it doesn;t send and signals
Chris Cann is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:54 AM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Craig K
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 7

rf interference

just occurred to me

most sim have the adapter plug into the the trainer port- would that turn the rf off?
I'm thinking that my JR has a DSC cord, plugs into trainer port, and operates everything, but no rf - right?
Craig 4850
MAAC #9467L IMAC 3706
Aeroworks 35% Yellow Extra 260, DL 100
JR 9503 2.4
craigk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:58 PM   #15
RCC Apprentice
I am: Joseph C
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10+

My brother just purchased the Reflex by MRC and we were more than impressed specially with the graphics. Havent been able to really assess the capabalities yet. His transmitter is an older Jr Max. The switch stays in the off position, but when you plug the cord into the puter, the red light on the transmitter comes on (switch still off) and after a couple of hours of flying, the tx batteries are dead.!!!!!!
Question: does anyone know if this is normal?
Another hick, at the oddest time, what appears to be a wall, (white & Pink) seem to jump in front of the a/c, followed by a crash. At first we thought it could be a way of telling us we were flying behind ourselves ( over the pit area) but after careful positioning, we foun it still occured.
Question: does anyone know of this "wall" . Or could it be simply a hardware problem. The puter is the latest and most powerful available on the market today.
Any ideas guys? Joe
Now looking into electric
lebout is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:04 PM   #16
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Brady Z
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

I have the original afp and enjoy it! Makes a great 3d trainer which I am taking full advantage of. Yes, it does seem to be almost too easy to do some stuff, to fix that and make it more realistic you just need to turn up the simulation rate so things happen faster. I use my Futaba 6xas tx and it must be on for it to work. I, like Chris, always take out the crystal. Ive heard that it is bad on the radio to be transmitting with the antenna collapsed as well.
MAAC #63500
recon is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:45 PM   #17
Chris Cann
RCC Supreme Contributor

yep it is bad if your futaba radio is on with the antenna down and crystal in. Also brady with the larger planes I find them really realiztic because everything with them happens slower I'm told and i noticed a difference from 40 size and 60 size and 25 and 60 size
Chris Cann is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:04 AM   #18
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Jean-Guy

I have AFP and it beats the hell out of my older sim.It feels very realistic.As for the Tx battery,this is what I do-------> I removed the battery and use a wall adapter that you can adjust voltage,hook it up to the charge receptacle on the radio, turn the radio on and voila...It can stay open all day no battery needed.

there is one stunt most of us aren't proud of
jeang is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:34 PM   #19
Count Floyd
RCC Junior Contributor

When using AFP with my 9CAP xmitter the red power light comes on but the green RF light stays of so this suggests to me that there is no RF signal even with the crystal still in.
Count Floyd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:17 PM   #20
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Scott

I have Real Flight and G2 versions. Helped in very begining for planes and is helpful for heli orientation practice.
I never crash...I land with style!

Ajax R/C Club
Fodder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.