What you got and why you like it! - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Flight Simulators Discuss flight sims.

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2005, 10:34 PM   #21
RCC Apprentice
I am: Robert B

Total Props: 0
Question: does anyone know of this "wall"

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

The wall is real. It defines a no fly zone e.g. Pits, parking, or unfriendly neighbor. There is no way to turn it off but in the latest update it has been shortened.
It seems lots of people have an issue with the wall (no fly zone) in XTR . I find it to be just one more challenge that the sim offers. The wall can make you a better pilot in that it gives you an opportunity to fly a very precise line along its edge. You can, it seems fly with a wing tip in the wall without it stopping the sim. Just for kicks at the Borstel Hohenrade field try landing your airplane on the taxiway parallel to the runway behind the pilot station between the “Wall” and the tall grass that defines the taxiway. This maneuver will impress the gent that is leaning against the fence.
At M.G.F. Hiest field you can land behind the “Wall” perpendicular to the runway by flying around the left end of the “Wall” and taking a very long U shaped course and set up to land between the benches right behind yourself. You can park your pride and joy right on those patio stones and cause just a bit of commotion in the pits. The wall is not the same at all the fields so you get a chance to do some exploring to test there limits.
I suggest you treat the wall as a puzzle and have some fun with it. ….. bert
pipercub is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:42 AM   #22
RCC Contributor

RF G3 sim...

Got the Real Flight G3 sim here a few months ago. Other than all I have is the stock ones, a few I modified this sim is great. Very realistic pyshics on the helis for sure. Much, much, much better than the G2 for graphics and mainly for the corrections on heli pyshics. Since I do not fly planes anymore I could not tell you other than they look good, lol.
Oilman72 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:38 AM   #23
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Bob D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 12FG
# of RCs: 1+

I got RF Deluxe then RF G2. As Fodder said, plane orientation and definitely helped me with my heli. What was even better was I built our field with the site building accessory and can now fly at the field, from home.

Bob D.
Ajax RC Club
Indoor Aero-Choppers
Member of MAAC since I joined

Lighten Up, Life is waaaaaayyyy too short
Nuker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:47 PM   #24
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Craig K
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 7

Well - I bought Realflight G3
basically beacause the informtion indicated that my current video setup would run it ok - maybe not screaming wild, but according tot he information it should have worked
bull -

my system is an off the shelf job- like you'd get at Staples - I bought it a local shop - windows xp, onboard 64 meg video sound yadda yadda

well anyway after dicking around with this, sending Knife Edge who-ya-call a note - which they haven't replied yet
hooked with buddy Steve who happened to have an old 32 meg video card (fits the AGP slot)

now it works swell

my beef is they should say - like the others do - that you need a specific video set to run

I'll let you all know when I'm done painting the bedroom how well it works - gotta keep Mimi happy
Craig 4850
MAAC #9467L IMAC 3706
Aeroworks 35% Yellow Extra 260, DL 100
JR 9503 2.4
craigk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:50 AM   #25
RCC Master Contributor
I am: a Scratch Builder
Radio of choice:
JR 9503 & DX7
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 6
I guess I was lucky. When I build my patchcord for FMS you had to jump two of the pins on the 6 pin din socket. This would allow you to use the transmitter without transmitting. (ie I didn't have to pull the crystal) I still have to turn on the transmitter but it hardly uses any power.

One surfire way to find out if you are transmitting while hooked to your computer is to turn on one of your models RX's and see if you move any of the surfaces.

If you want awesome, you have to scratch build it!
Tomahawk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.