IMPORTING FROM EUROPE ???? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2005, 12:20 PM   #11
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Christopher P.
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
More importantly are you getting a new AMT turbine?
rubbie is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:17 PM   #12
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Terry L

Total Props: 6

Good point, Randy. I used to love it when a guy came into my retail store and ask for repair parts or troubleshooting on a piece of equipment that I handled, but the "customer" saved a few bucks buying someplace else. Well, fella, perhaps you can get the parts/service where youi bought the machine, I am too busy right now, and I don't handle parts for "that" model... :P
TLyttle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:29 PM   #13
Dave Holmes
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Dave Holmes
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario (no longer Brampton!)
Radio of choice:
Futaba 72 Mhz
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 10
There is a lot to be said for supporting the LHS. They and the distrubutor take care of all the hassles, and are usually right there to get info or advise you when needed. I have often purchased things across a border, but it is always with a certain level of trepidation, and the full acceptance of the fact I could very easily find myself on my own if something goes awry.

If you can handle that, and the potential financial loss, no problem, but I still like to be able to walk up to the counter and ask "What do I do now?" and have somebody give me a hand.

Dave Holmes

The older I get, the better I used to be!
Dave Holmes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:15 PM   #14
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike B.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum Dx-18G2, Jeti DS-16 Carbon Red

Total Props: 2

It turns around faster from here to Europe than it does to the States and back. I know , i sent one back for service once. In fact, they did "warranty" work on it , that clearly was not a warranty issue.

It's a small world guys, everyone needs to be competitive, the German dealer's service was first rate. I'm for supporting LHS but, i'm against being ripped off. Site my ZDZ eg. $695 usd from RCshowcase ($860 Can.) vs $725 Can from Amelung. We're not talking $5-$6 bucks here. 3w can be had much cheaper in Europe too.

As for the " dealer" that wouldn't sell parts to someone that wanted them because he didn't buy his equip. there; bet you're not in the business anymore Think the service dept at the car dealership cares if u bought the car there? Some people want customers, some apparently don't.

luv2flyrc is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:50 PM   #15
Don M.

Total Props: 0
I buy in Canada when pricing is "close" but in this case we are talking well in excess of $100.00 MORE, if I buy it at the ONLY retailer in Canada who handles it. That is substantial money to me. Besides that I e-mailed the seller in the Netherlands who sells the item and had an answer back from him in 24 hrs. I e-mailed the retailer here in Canada at 5:30 a.m. on Monday and am still waiting for an answer, so what's a guy to do.

Buy from your LHS you say, I live at least 3000 km. from a hobby store so no matter where I buy it has to come by mail.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:59 PM   #16
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Terry L

Total Props: 6
Distance Factor

Okay, I didn't look at where you were ordering from; that changes things a bit. However, I am glad that you at least give Canadian distributors a chance at your business.

As far as my "business" is concerned, I did fine, thank you very much. I was NOT a car dealer, and the basic understanding of SMALL retail by most people is severely lacking. Like I said, most LHS and distributors ain't rich, nor will they ever be. The clowns that came into my store DEMANDED that I service their machine, or order parts, the very best way to get my attention. If that fits you, then wear it, and deal with it however you will.

I was in a fairly tough racket, but hobby market is tougher; I would not recommend retail hobbies to anyone, mostly because guys that make 3 grand a month (far more than the shop owner) get all bent out of shape over six bucks...
TLyttle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:51 PM   #17
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Doug W

Total Props: 1
Well, I spread my business around a bit but lean more toward the larger suppliers. If I order out of province I save 8% prov. tax and get free shipping.
My LHS always matches prices but 8% can be a lot. As well, my LHS is over 100 km. away.
Then again, I had a problem with a battery cycler that I bought elsewhere. I bought a used, lesser model from my LHS and when I told him why I bought it he asked me to bring my other one in. He sent it away and said to the manufacturer that it was warranty and I got it fixed for free.
Can't beat service like that (Thanks, Gavin).

All in all, it's tough to make a choice.

channel38 ( on FM anyway ) lol

"Keep your stick on the ice, I'm pullin' fer ya", R.Green
channel38 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.